Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 20, 2014, 02:21:14 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Has anyone worked for a terrible company?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Has anyone worked for a terrible company?  (Read 938 times)
lava
liking it

« on: May 08, 2007, 10:36:43 PM »

I once worked for a company that would take advantage of customers by using big fancy words to fool the customer into buying the product.  I thought this was terrible, but the managers did not see it that way.  They said they never forced their customers into buying their product.  They just providing them with information.  They never discourged them from asking questions or going to others for advice.  As you may guess, I did not stay with the company long.  Has anyone else had a similiar experience with a company?
Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:42:22 PM »

I worked for a social services agency which contracted with the government to place children in therapeutic foster homes. Additionally, we worked as case managers, visit supervisors and therapists to the children and families. The agency was asking us to make more appointments/visits than necessary just to up the "billable" hours. This was happening all over the state I live in with many social service agencies due to new reimbursement codes, etc.  It was a little more complicated than just that, but that's the bottom line. A few of my colleagues and I were very uncomfortable disrupting these children's lives more than necessary just to make the profit margin larger. It was ethically inappropriate to cause more havoc in the children's lives and we couldn't put ourselves in that situation. The agency and many of its counterparts lost many professionals over the new practices because of the ethics of it.
Betty
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:20:04 AM »

I once worked for a company that did not encourage employees to interact with one another.  It was very strange.  I suppose they were afraid employees would not get much work done if they were socializing on the job.  However, the lack of forming friendships at work created a very gloomy and dark atmosphere.  No one enjoyed coming to work and job progress was very slow. 
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »

I once worked for a company that very suddenly went out of business. We showed up for work one day and there was a sign on the door telling us our severance pay would be mailed to us. We never got severance pay and later found out that the co-owners (spouses) of the company had embezzled all the employee payroll funds and disappeared!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace