Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 17, 2014, 10:44:48 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)What to expect when moving?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What to expect when moving?  (Read 962 times)
Greg
liking it

« on: May 14, 2007, 08:43:06 AM »

I know that moving can be very stressful, but what are some tips to follow to make the move less stressful?  What are some things to avoid and how should someone prepare themselves for moving day?
Report to moderator   Logged
Greg
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:21:30 AM »

I have just learned to be weary of some movers that advertise online.  Many of these movers are criminals that hijack your belongings by raising the price of the moving job.  They will release your belongings, once you pay the new price for moving.  To avoid this scam, go to the Better Business Bureau to see how long the company has been in business and if they have any formal complaints on them from customers.     
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:23:36 PM by Greg » Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »

The best tip I would have for you is be as organized as possible. Pack up as much as you can up to weeks ahead of time and don't leave too much for the last minute, morning of your move, etc. Invest in paper plates and plastic cutlery and keep out only as much clothing as you know you will need!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:22:32 PM by Greg » Report to moderator   Logged
stanford
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

When moving, make sure to buy lots of furniture pads to wrap your funiture so it will not scratch.  You may also want to by special boxes for your plates and glasses to prevent them from breaking.  Don't forget to label all the delicate boxes as fragile!
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace