Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 16, 2014, 05:09:13 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)Improving performance
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Improving performance  (Read 1381 times)
Chevy
liking it

« on: May 10, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »

One of the things that has been on my mind recently is how employee/employer reviews can be used to improve employee performance. Ideally the review should be a comfortable, open and honest process during which an employee and employer identify needs and strengths and complete an action plan to make the needs better. I've not always had this happen and think that part of the problem was that there wasn't a comprehensive breakdown of job responsibilities being evaluated. In my opinion, another key component of making the process useful is having an employee complete a self-evaluation prior to meeting with his boss.
Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »

It seems to me that this is the entire purpose of an employee evaluation process. I suppose there are some places who use the process only because they have to have a piece of paper in the file showing that employees were reviewed, but in my experience it has always been a thorough review of strengths and needs that ended with a 6 month to 1 year plan for improvement.
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:18:58 AM »

I think that employee reviews can kill a persons career. Especially in cases where the employees is to evaluate themselves or when some who does not like you evaluates you. often employees are honest on reviews and this can help you to lose your jobs in some cases.
Simonsays
just starting

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 07:48:13 PM »

Many people for the most part would give all to the performance of tasks unless they were trying to get fired. I sometimes have felt that my bosses were expecting more than I was already giving and taking advantage of the fact that I was working hard.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace