Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 18, 2014, 08:43:52 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)Some employers are not interested.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Some employers are not interested.  (Read 7197 times)
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »

Though even a standard 'cut and paste' job would do, it can be sent out via email in bulk. I think it leaves a good impression - you never know, in the future those failed applicants could end up being great workers and in-demand, they may remember how they were treated by the company last time and that will influence their decision to apply for another job there.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:09:02 PM »

It is not brain surgery!  Or curing cancer.  It is basic good manners and it is most certainly NOT IMPOSSIBLE to reply to applicants.  All it takes is a few pieces of paper some second class stamps and an hour of your secretary's time.

In return your company gets a good reputation ahead of it's competitors!

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »

I think you're asking a bit much here. Somebody recently in another strand suggested that more than 200 people applied for a particular job. Are you seriously suggesting that all of these people should be notified that they were unsuccsessful?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »

I'm not sure if the original point was writing to everybody that had an interview but were unsuccesfull as opposed to writing to everybody that applied but did not get an interview? I think it would be relatively simple to write to everybody that attended an interview but who didn't get the job. I think writing to everybody that applied would be unrealistic.

What did you mean exactly Jasper?

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 02:23:50 PM »

A MINIMUM   Write to everyone who attended an interview.

But everyone who applied should be notified of the decision.  We supposedly live in a civilised world.  It is the right thing to do.

I am so disillusioned with it all now what with agencies non-existent jobs, employers interviewing for jobs they don't yet have, people not replying that I feel like packing it in and retiring even though I am only 53. 

The World is not a nice place.  How many people can actually say they MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the World?   I did.  I built Buildings!
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »

I agree everybody who attended an interview should be informed but I don't agree that everybody who applied should be written to. As somebody said recently 200 people applied for a position...it would be nice to be able to write to all of them but sadly I think that's unrealistic.

I think the world's still a nice place but you have to go out and look for it. I was made redundant myself quite recently and am trying to keep my "chin up" as they say.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »

Not that I am wishing anything on you - but when you have been looking and getting slapped back for a year or more you will know how I and others feel and perhaps even agree with my opinions.

Good luck anyway, I hope you dont find out what itfeels like.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »

It's not that I disagree it's just that the example given was 200 people applying for a job. If 12 of those are shortlisted for interview I think it's unrealistic to write to 188 people saying, sorry you didn't get an interview.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 12:13:12 AM »

Surely in this day and age an email to the unlucky ones would be easy?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »

Exactly at last someone who gets the point I made loads of times.

Yes someone would have to get all the addresses but how long would it take for 200? about an hour of a 7 per hour secretary's time.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:52 PM »

I think I now concur to the honorable gentleman's point. Or with.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »

With I think. LOL.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »

Loving your new profile pic Jasper. McLain suits you!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »

Actually I don't know if that photo is John McLain (Willis' Die Hard character) as he usually has a shaved head.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 01:28:43 AM »

I don't think this is the die hard character.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace