Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 23, 2014, 08:34:00 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Global Survey Reveals Sharp Rise In Openess To Job Mobility
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Global Survey Reveals Sharp Rise In Openess To Job Mobility  (Read 991 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: January 02, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »

Totaljobs.com and The Network and Intelligence Group have successfully completed the research phase of the largest ever survey on international labour market mobility. Initial analysis shows a substantial jump in the willingness of staff to move abroad to get the right job, with 72% of participants, compared to 62% in 2006, willing to relocate. Even more dramatically, 46% of respondents now say they are willing to work abroad for an extended period, against 29% in 2006.

“Clearly, the global recession has given people a much stronger incentive to be mobile,” said Steven Lewis, International Sales Director at totaljobs and MD of The Network. “We have been surprised both by the number of people who wanted to take this survey, and by this substantial shift in attitudes to job mobility. And there’s a lesson here for employers – be ready to look outside national boundaries if you want to find real talent.”

Expecting 50,000 people to participate at the survey, The Network and Intelligence Group are very pleased to announce that this number has been substantially over-achieved, reaching 66,000 participants. ‘The Network’ was created in October 2002 to provide international recruiters with unrivalled access to online recruitment services through a network of leading local sites. The Network covers more than 100 countries and has a combined traffic of more than 47,000,000 unique visitors per month.

The study involved countries from all around the world including nations as diverse as Canada, Malaysia, Denmark and Morocco. In total, 40 participating Network countries gathered responses from job seekers spread over 68 countries from all continents. The survey was also translated into 14 different languages, including Arabic and Russian, to ensure that local candidate behaviours and the impact of different national attitudes and practices on international mobility could be analysed fully.

Intelligence Group has now entered into the analytical phase of the process. The expected research deliverables, intended not only for large, international recruiters seeking insights into talent mobility, but also for the public sector and international organisations, and for the education sector, will be white papers, seminars and workshops.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »

That's funny I was just talking about Australia in another discussion here. I wonder if the internet has seemingly made the world a smaller place? If people are more up for travelling to work than ever before I mean?
Gota
having fun

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »

The "global village" theory has caused people to spread their wings I believe.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »

What do you mean by global village theory?

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 02:53:27 PM »

If I may jump in here this is from Wikipedia.

Today, the term "Global Village" is mostly used as a metaphor to describe the Internet and World Wide Web.On the Internet, physical distance is even less of a hindrance to the real-time communicative activities of people, and therefore social spheres are greatly expanded by the openness of the web and the ease at which people can search for online communities and interact with others that share the same interests and concerns. Therefore, this technology fosters the idea of a conglomerate yet unified global community.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »

Thanks for the global village thing Malcolm. That's really what I was getting at about the world almost seeming like a smaller place.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »

Thanks Malcolm. That's exactly what I meant  Grin.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace