Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 15, 2014, 05:02:11 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)More Employees Claiming Unfair Dismissal
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: More Employees Claiming Unfair Dismissal  (Read 1016 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: December 29, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »

The latest figures from the Tribunals Service have shown that the number of unfair dismissal claims has risen by 29% since 2008/9. Other claims rises were seen for breach of contract (up 31%); redundancy pay (up 48%) and redundancy - failure to inform and consult (which is now 2.5 times the figure in 2007/8). Equal Pay and sex discrimination claims fell, down 27% and 31% respectively.

The figures also show that the number of claims accepted has fallen by 20% since 2007/08. Multiple claims accepted have fallen by 13% but this figure doesn’t include airline employees who resubmitted multiple claims.

However, the number of single claims overall increased by 15%.

Audrey Williams, partner and Head of Discrimination Law at international law firm Eversheds commented: “The number of unfair dismissal claims has risen by 29% in the last 12 months. This reflects the fact that more people are being dismissed because of the recession. Whereas under better economic conditions they would usually be able to get another job and move on, with bleaker prospects more are inclined to challenge their employers' conduct and decisions through the tribunal system.” 
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »

It still amazes me that many employers out there don't seem to understand "the rules" about how to dismiss a member of staff properly and legally. 

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »

You'd be amazed.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »

I sometimes wish I'd be unfairly dismissed if it means I could set myself up for a bit financially  Grin.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 11:34:11 AM »

I think that's a joke? I have a friend who something like this happened to. It certainly didn't set her up financially though caused her loads of anxiety and stress.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace