Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 31, 2014, 08:24:03 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Finding work with hurricane and tornado clean up
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Finding work with hurricane and tornado clean up  (Read 938 times)
Greg
liking it

« on: May 09, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »

Has anyone gone to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina to find work?  I know they desperately needed people for construction and clean up.  I was thinking of going down there myself at the time to pick up some extra work, but was wondering if it was profitable.  I know there will be more hurricanes this season along with tornadoes and there will be communitites that need people to cleanup and rebuild their neigborhoods.  I would be interested if anyone can share their experience or know of anyone who went there.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:51:37 PM by Greg » Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:03 PM »

A delegation of people I know actually went down not too long ago to help in whatever way they could. Since their given field was social work, they weren't certain what type of work they would be qualified to do. It turns out that they did a lot of building for Habitat for Humanity and there STILL wasn't enough help, either volunteer or contracted construction workers.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace