Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 23, 2014, 05:22:19 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)How to ask your boss for a pay raise?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How to ask your boss for a pay raise?  (Read 1102 times)
stanford
liking it

« on: May 07, 2007, 07:50:50 PM »

Has anyone ever asked their boss for a pay raise? With the cost of living going up every day and gas prices on the rise its getting harder and harder to make ends meet.  I am putting away less money every week into my savings account.  So in actuality, my weekly pay is less in comparison to the rise in the cost of living.  So, am I entitled to a raise?  How do you professionally ask your boss without looking desperate?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:33:03 PM by stanford » Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:59:12 PM »

Make a list of all the contributions you have made to the company which has (a) increased efficiency (b) reduced costs and (c) added to the general improvement of the company. If after making your list you can confidently say to your boss you're a more than worthy employee you should be able to bring that list in with you (not literally of course!), thereby making it about your merit and not your need.
Report to moderator   Logged
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:23:48 AM »

Depending on your boss this may or may not work. (the statement just ahead of mine). I tried that and the only reply I received was a bad attitude and a lot of abuse making me end up quitting.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace