Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 20, 2014, 05:01:09 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Communication Is The Key To Employee Motivation
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Communication Is The Key To Employee Motivation  (Read 1037 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: December 05, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »

91% of business leaders and employers who feel they do not clearly communicate with their workers have perceived a drop in employee motivation during the current recession, according to a new report.

Drewberry, the employee engagement and research consultancy also discovered that of the business leaders who feel they clearly communicate to employees, only 12% have perceived a drop in motivation.

And 76% of employers proactively engaging their employees have perceived no drop in motivation during these tough times.

The Drewberry research team asked business leaders from UK organisations of all sizes and industries ‘Do you feel your employees have lost motivation during these tough times?’ The responses were cross tabulated and analysed against other questions asked relating to employee opinion, employee reward and employee communication.

Of the 157 respondents, 39% of business leaders agreed they had perceived a drop in the levels of employee motivation in their organisation. 84% of business leaders who do not utilise employee opinion in making business decisions have perceived a drop in employee motivation, while only 19% of business leaders who do utilise employee opinion have perceived a similar drop.

Regarding employee reward, 57% of business leaders who feel employees do not understand their reward have perceived a drop in employee motivation, while of business leaders who feel employees understand their reward only 23% have perceived a drop in motivation.

Evidently, getting the most out of your employees is made up of many factors. The study was conducted making the assumption that the organisations who do utilise employee opinion, reward employees for their efforts and clearly communicate with their employees are the same organisations already proactively utilising many of the other factors in engaging their staff.
Report to moderator   Logged

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »

It's odd that the first sentence is employers who feel that they do not communicate clearly with their employees have a drop in motivation. I would have thought it would be the other way round in that employees feel that their bosses don't communicate well enough with them.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »

Where I work there's just about no motivation whatever. We come in, take our calls and go home. You just have to do it.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »

I've worked in places like that myself I think. The motivation is the salary and that's that.

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »

You must get the satisfaction of a job well done?
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »

I think you'd all be surprised by how many people are not particularly motivated to do a good job but rather will get away with whatever they can to simply get their salary at the end of each month.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:23:30 PM »

You're starting to know me Malcolm lol  Grin.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace