Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 21, 2014, 01:03:19 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)How to start your own business?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How to start your own business?  (Read 1561 times)
lava
liking it

« on: May 04, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

Can someone please provide some information on what is necesaary to start a business.  I know loans are available, but how do you go about getting them?  Does anyone have some personal experience starting a business? How long did it take? And what do I need to know?
Report to moderator   Logged
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »

I am trying to start my own business right now and let me tell you it is not easy.  I borrowed some money from my parents and it got me started with the finance part of the end.  You have to be willing to work and do anything to get your business going.  If that means putting in long long hours then you do it.  You should as start a business in something that you are passionate about.  That why you will like what you are doing.
Betty
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »

I know there are some places located in your local college that offer assistance to people starting their own business.  There are also places our government has created to help people.  One such place is the small business office that offers information on the proper paper work involved and how to plan your taxes.  in fact, they even offer help you get a small business loan.  I strongly recommend going to these places.  They can direct you to any other places you may need to go. 
ftdale
just starting

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 08:37:16 AM »

Uh...Quit your job?  Grin

I mean, if you want to start a business, no better motivation than quitting your job. Seriously, though, you need a lot of common sense, hardwork and luck. For one, you can't pack up and go home at 5. You can't take week-ends off and forget about your work. You need to be able to negotiate deals where you end up on the winning side. And most important, you need to make the right decisions about the future. Decisions you make today, which seem good, may end up with you in bankruptcy in a year. So...
lava
liking it

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I have been going to the library and reading many books on how to start a business.  Many of them stress the importance of being organized and keeping a schedule.  I have also talked to someone regarding a business plan, which can very complicated.  Has anyone ever created a business plan?  I'd be interested on how long it took to develop.  Thnaks.
stanford
liking it

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »

When starting a business it is also important to know your competition.  Look at how they do business, how they market their product, how long have they been in business, who is their target market, how are they differnt from your business, and how do they go about hiring employees?  Once you analyze your competition, try to find ways to stand out from them and improve on their flaws.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace