Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 24, 2014, 11:59:44 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Warn Job Candidates Of Social Networking Screening
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Warn Job Candidates Of Social Networking Screening  (Read 647 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: November 14, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »

Job candidates should be warned if social networking sites are being used as part of the recruitment and screening process, according to Adrian Marlowe at legal consultancy Lawspeed.

Speaking at ‘Social Media in Recruitment’, an event organised by online recruitment marketing consultancy Web Based Recruitment, Marlowe told delegates that the Data Protection Act 1998 rules on best practice requires recruiters to inform candidates when reviewing such sites and are going to rely on such information in the screening process as well as explaining any negative decision and allow the candidate to defend their position.

Marlowe said: “Be cautious about information solely on information sites, it is dangerous. It could well be unreliable. If you rely on information that is unreliable, you could be in deep water.”
Report to moderator   Logged

Gota
having fun

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »

I agree they certainly should. Otherwise I think it's a little deceptive of the organisation you're applying to work for. Almost like spying on the prospective employee.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »

I don't think it's any of their business.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace