Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 22, 2014, 04:24:39 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral recruiter topics (Moderators: Lisette, HireScores.com admin)REC Learns How Social Networking Is Powerful Tool For Recruiters
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: REC Learns How Social Networking Is Powerful Tool For Recruiters  (Read 3802 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: October 31, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »

Social networking sites have been changing the face of recruitment and could prove powerful tools in the way recruitment services are delivered, the REC's Marketing, Media and Creative Sector Group was told.

According to Jack Fairhall, owner of social website builder kwiqq, innovations such as Twitter could be used as fabulous marketing tools for recruitment companies, wanting to promote themselves in a clear and concise way.

Social media, he said, had resulted in websites becoming more interactive, while providing openness of data and allowing conversations with customers.   “It means that now, you cannot issue statements through social media without them pushing towards a culture of openness and honesty,” he said. 

He cited LinkedIn as being the most useful networking tool for recruiters even though it raised issues over what happens to an employee’s personal contacts if they transfer from a company to one of its competitors. There was also a danger of groups set up in a particular organisation’s name without there being any connection with it. 

Jack Fairhall told REC MMC members: “Companies must control membership of groups on LinkedIn very carefully. If you do use groups, I strongly recommend you instigate a company policy for doing so that the group remains part of it.”

Acting sector group chair Rupert Wallis said: “The session sparked interesting debate amongst members of the Marketing, Media and Creative Group. Networking with your peers and keeping up to date with the latest innovations is even more important in the current market.”
Report to moderator   Logged

Gota
having fun

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »

I've not even heard of linked in. Am I missing out on something?
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »

I think it follows a similar pattern to Facebook & Twitter but is more about business. I believe that's correct anyway.
Human Resources Philippin
just starting

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:06:13 AM »

LinkedIn is great! Recruiters view the academic and professional backgrounds of the potential employee and they get also know some of the information about their previous employments. Though, persons can lie with the information they input in their LinkedIn profile, it can also be known when they are linked to some previous colleagues who know them.

hr consulting philippines
Staffing Agency Makati
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »

Is LinkedIn more of a business site then than a personal one?

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »

It is yes. Have a look here: http://www.linkedin.com/ .
James Casio
just starting

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »

I find it full of spammers.
oh I have got the perfect role for you blah blah blah.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »

DONT PUT YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS ON THE WEB FOR EVERYONE IN THE WORLD TO SEE.

SOME IF NOT MOST SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES DONT ENABLE USERS TO TAKE DOWN INFORMATION
Gota
having fun

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »

That last bit is a myth actually. Though clearly people should be careful what they actually put on public profiles.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »

I'd like to know more about this: "SOME IF NOT MOST SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES DONT ENABLE USERS TO TAKE DOWN INFORMATION." Though I'm not sure it's true. In my time I've been on Facebook, Twitter and MySpace and this wasn't/isn't true for any of them.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace