Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 02, 2014, 07:50:17 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Lying on Resume
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Lying on Resume  (Read 1725 times)
simacaj
just starting

« on: April 30, 2007, 01:44:39 AM »

Have you ever lied on your resume and been caught.  I never have lied on my resume and just because I think one day someone will catch me.  Also I am afraid they will start a conversation on the part i lied about and have no idea what they are talking about.  Anyone else find this?
Report to moderator   Logged
lava
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »

I have never lied on a resume.  My reason is the fear of getting hired and being expected to have knowledge about an area that I "lied about" in my resume.  How do you explain that to your boss?  Sooner or later they will find out about the lie.  Its best to just say the truth and hope your job experiences match the job qualifications they are looking for.
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »

I've never lied on my resume, it's not worth it to me. I wonder: have you ever seen situations in which a person inflates the importance of a previous job or project on a resume? Would you consider that lying as well?
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »

Yes I would consider that as well.  I have seen this before.  I called a reference of a person and asked about experience and what they told me didn't match what was on the resume.
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

I would certainly consider embellishing the importance of a job or a project lying. It's untruthful, which is what lying is, not to mention it's pretty easily verifiable by checking references as mentioned above. I wouldn't want to hire anyone who misled me before even meeting me!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace