Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

December 21, 2014, 06:27:11 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreGeneral Consultant & Contractor topics (Moderators: Lisette, HireScoresMark)Advice needed
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 6522 times)
straightdrive
« on: October 11, 2009, 01:40:20 AM »

Hi all
I am just doing some free lance recruitment work for opticians and i wanted to know what is the best way for locum placement and how it works?

does the client and me have to negotiate a price they are willing to pay the cover? and also they pay me a fee? or is there a set rate already which everyone goes by

thanks in advance
Report to moderator   Logged
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »

Hi welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com. While I specifically can't answer your question I'm sure somebody will be able to and if there's anything I can do to help with anything at all please don't hesitate to ask.

Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »

There are a few locum agencies listed in our main site who might be willing to help you.  I was not quite sure if you are asking from the point of view of the locum (ie the person doing the work) or a locum agency (ie the person providing the worker).

There are two ways that such placements can work.  I am not sure which is more common in the Optician marketplace.

First is that the locum agency bills the client for the full fee and pays the individual directly.  They will either pay the individual on a contract for services or as a company but the fee they charge includes the costs of employment, their mark up and the individuals salary or day rate.  If they are contracting the individual the agency will then pay NI and PAYE.  If the individual has their own company (or umbrella company) they will invoice the agency and get paid without any deductions.

The second option is that the agency bill the client for their management fee (an agreed percentage) and the individual bills the client direct for the time worked - at an agreed day rate.

In my opinion regardless of the approach it is best practice to be upfront about the fee that is being charged by the agency.

I hope that this helps

regards

Lisette

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace