Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 25, 2014, 05:13:56 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Nine Out Of Ten Employees Scared To Use Twitter At Work
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Nine Out Of Ten Employees Scared To Use Twitter At Work  (Read 883 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: October 03, 2009, 02:35:19 PM »

Many employees do not use Twitter when they are at work because they think it will get them in trouble with their employer.

Research conducted by Monster revealed that nine out of ten workers think that social networking sites are seen as an extra curricular activity.

Of 1,765 employees surveyed, only eight per cent claimed that they use Twitter on a daily basis.

Speaking to Personnel Today, David Henry, vice president of digital marketing at Monster, said: 'People have been slow to adopt Twitter in the workplace, probably because social networking sites are frequently seen by employers as extra-curricular and therefore detrimental to business output.'

However, he said that firms are increasingly realising that social networking can be a good way of sharing ideas and resources.

Being honest with one's employer is the best way forward according to a spokesperson from ClickAJob.

'There is a management mindset that Twitter is only for indulgent gossip,' he says.

'The media hype over celebrities doesn't help either, but if you can demonstrate a positive way to use social networking to achieve work objectives, your boss should give you every encouragement,' he asserts.

'One person I know uses Twitter to monitor stock market movements, gaining insights that the usual channels just cannot provide. She doesn't Tweet much herself, but as an investment adviser she follows market movers like a hawk,' he continues.

'Prove it presents a genuine opportunity and employers should welcome social networking with open arms.'

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging site which allows people to update their status and keep their friends informed about what they are doing.
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »

Forgive the shameless plug here but HireScores.com is on Twitter and you can folklow us here: www.twitter.com/HireScores . That aside I personally am becoming very addicted to Twitter. The conversational possibilities are endless and I could understand if people are using it during work time that it could take up a good chunk of your day. Ultimately it's like sending a text message. If your boss has no problems with you texting from work then it's probably ok. If they do mind? It probably isn't ok to tweet during work hours.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »

We can tweet during work time.

If we want to.

I just don't. Can't see the point.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 03:01:31 PM »

I still don't get the whole Twitter thing. I think life's too short.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace