Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 31, 2014, 05:14:22 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)You get what you pay for
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: You get what you pay for  (Read 1394 times)
MaryG
liking it

« on: April 21, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »

This thread is based on a recent observation and conversation I had with a few friends. We were comparing stories about bad customer service experiences we have had as consumers and discovered that it's a very frequent occurrence! I think in very large retail chains with a high turnover rate employees are not well motivated to be kind to customers or go above and beyond because "it's not my job" or "I don't get paid enough for this". What do other people think? Does pay have something to do with this?
Report to moderator   Logged
Top Boss
just starting

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:08 PM »

The main factors are :-

- Prospects
- Pay

A lot of companies seem to take advantage of some of the younger members of the work force, who do not command as much money as the older more experienced.  They are very often given the mundane jobs to do which does not exactly give them much hope for the future - hence the large turnover of staff.
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:11:42 PM »

Well, from my personal perspective I can say that providing good service is something I feel I should do in order to feel good about the job I am doing. Having said that, I can honestly say that in my younger years I had some pretty lousy jobs to make my way through school, jobs where I (and other part-timers) was treated poorly  by management, where the company's rules and regulations seemed only to apply to those people who weren't "buddies" (read: drinking buddies) of the managers and so forth. Those kinds of jobs made it difficult to stay cheerful because I was poorly treated, poorly paid and poorly appreciated.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace