Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 24, 2014, 02:04:24 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)On The Trail Of Rogue Recruiters
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: On The Trail Of Rogue Recruiters  (Read 11288 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »

Yes mate beware of this. I too am signing on at the moment and I fear that the majority of jobs agencies advertise specifically in the job centres are just made up to try and get us to register with them.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jason
liking it

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:59 PM »

The flat fee was around 500 to 750 per placing.  It was usually based on exclusivity. 
However now the recession is easing the greedy agencies are back to the percentages game.

By the way the amount of fee wont refelect on the candidates as the employer will employ who they want, not the best of a bad lot.

The reason an employer might use a recruiter is because they would hope to get a few hand picked cv's of people who'd been interviewed prior to being put forward.

If you agree to pay 250, 500 or 750 you're probably going to just get loads of unvetted crap cv's, so you may as well have just advertised the vacancy yourself and done the vetting personally.

That's what you expect to avoid by paying someone a few k to do it for you.

Doesn't always work and as a past defender of recruiters I too seem to be losing hope in terms of the service offered these days.

So are there any recruiters reading these boards who'd like to put their neck on the block as it were?  I'm sure I'd do a good job, the thing is, it's not my job!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 04:40:49 PM »

What do you do Jason?
Jason
liking it

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 06:31:34 AM »

Hi Bob

I work for a company that employs temps permanently so they can claim travel expenses to their temporary workplace, it's an Umbrella Company.  So although I don't work as a recruiter I am heavily involved with the recruitment industry.

There are things about the recruitment industry that I like, sometimes there really are good ones out there, but as so often gets talked about here, there's a lot of cowboy, disrespectful, money grabbing people that are attracted to this occupation.

What about you?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »

Hi Jason thanks for the message.

I'm currently seeking work.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 09:22:36 AM »

Hi Bob

I work for a company that employs temps permanently so they can claim travel expenses to their temporary workplace, it's an Umbrella Company.  So although I don't work as a recruiter I am heavily involved with the recruitment industry.

There are things about the recruitment industry that I like, sometimes there really are good ones out there, but as so often gets talked about here, there's a lot of cowboy, disrespectful, money grabbing people that are attracted to this occupation.

What about you?

Ah the old "Umbrella company" agency scam.  Where you "employ" temps who work for a minimum wage and get paid a "dividend" each week.
The agency and the employer then dont pay any employer's national insurance and the person "temp" probably saves a shed load of PAYE income tax and NI too.
Untill the HMRC catch up with them. 

Jason
liking it

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 10:59:48 AM »

Hi Bob

What about you?

Ah the old "Umbrella company" agency scam.  Where you "employ" temps who work for a minimum wage and get paid a "dividend" each week.
The agency and the employer then dont pay any employer's national insurance and the person "temp" probably saves a shed load of PAYE income tax and NI too.
Untill the HMRC catch up with them. 

Wrong, totally misinformed rubbish.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 02:37:06 PM »

It goes on!   I have seen it with labour I employed on my sites through agencies.
Jason
liking it

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »

You don't even know what an Umbrella company is, it has nothing to do with dividends.

You may well have recruited some people on some of your sites.  Why didn't you employ them directly?  Did they have a choice?  Were they skilled workers?

You speak from a point of ignorance, and it shows.  There are many who choose to work the way they do and often travel long distances and stay away from home.  It works for those people very well and I don't see why it shouldn't.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »

And you speak from ignorance too!

These people were labourers.  As they they are unreliable and transient.  they never stay in a job for long, don't turn up on time or even at all.
So it suited being able to get rid of them without the hassle and expense that comes with full employment.

I would never employ skilled tradesmen through an agency.  Good ones will always get work if they want it.

Me I am a manager so I am stuck with the bloody agencies although I wont work for one!
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 12:46:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkABxWn8wU
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 08:35:32 AM »

Dreadful song! 

But I get your point!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »

It is way cheesy.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »

Once he split with John Lennon and the Beatles he didnt do ANYTHING any good!

He is also so far up his own arse he doesnt know whether to speak or fart!
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »

I disagree hugely.

Albums:

Chaos and creation in the back yard
Band on the run
Flowers in the dirt
Driving rain

are all great. I agree he was better when with Lennon as Lennon was better with Macca.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace