Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 28, 2014, 05:26:32 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Vacation/ Holiday
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Vacation/ Holiday  (Read 1312 times)
MaryG
liking it

« on: April 25, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »

Do you have specific ways for coping with vacation times for employees? How do you cover their work? Do you have to limit the number of employeesw who are on vacation at one time?
Report to moderator   Logged
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:45:48 PM »

I guess it would depend on the size of the company. One small outfit I  worked for had a vacation calendar which got passed around and people could choose their times based on seniority and only 2 people could be on vacation at a time. This also meant we had to get as caught up as possible and be prepared to be swamped upon return.  Angry
lava
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:03:13 AM »

It depends on the size of the company and your job title.  Some companies want to be notified months ahead of time of your vacation days.  If your job is upper management, then its your responsibility to find someone to cover for you while you are gone.  The more important your job is to the company, the more likely you need to make sure all your responsibilities are delegated to people who are competent and understand how to run things while you are gone. 
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »

I'm one of those people who has a hard time leaving the job behind when I go on vacation, so if I am delegating responsibilities I am always sure to know and trust the work of the person to whom I am leaving it. Sometimes this is hard to do, but to be healthy I have to just let it go...
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:07:37 AM »

Lucky thing that where I work there are people to cover your position when you are gone.  They cover just the basic tasks that you have to complete.  There are weekes though where we are busy that my employer does not let us off.  Just comes with the job.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace