Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

December 18, 2014, 07:21:02 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Dress code
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Dress code  (Read 1333 times)
Chevy
liking it

« on: April 23, 2007, 05:13:45 PM »

I'm curious as to what kind of dress codes people have at work, provided you aren't a worker who wears a uniform. Men, do you have to wear a tie? Women, do you have to wear hose with skirts? Or are these types of things left to your discretion?
Report to moderator   Logged
freeform
settling in

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »

Really depends on the job.

In my office it's usually business casual. I personally don't wear a tie around the office but have a few spares in the desk just in case.

Dress is usually about making the right impression - based on client/customer expectations. If I went to a solicitors office I'd want to see suits and ties but if I visited a web design firm then more casual dress would be fine.

Mark Nagurski
FreeForm Media
Marketing support for small businesses
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 12:34:35 AM »

Dress is usually about making the right impression - based on client/customer expectations. If I went to a solicitors office I'd want to see suits and ties but if I visited a web design firm then more casual dress would be fine.
You make an excellent point, one that I hadn't considered in those terms per se. I'd mroe though about how dress makes the right impression from the perspective of the one is getting dressed. That is that as an employee I am always thinking about the impression my clothing makes, the message that it sends. I never really thought about how I count on seeing a certain level of professional attire when I enter a particular environment, but it's absolutely true. When I go to someone for help, be it banker, lawyer, physician, etc, I do expect that the way they are dressed with reflect the level of professionalism and to a degree the level of competence.
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »

There is no formal dress code where I work.  I work in the computer field and I am glad there is no dress code.  no ties or skirts for ladies.  I like it a lot.  I am more comfortable in this dress and I think I work better in it.
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 06:49:18 PM »

I suppose everyone is different in what they are comfortable wearing. I have numerous friends who work from their homes, some of whom have no problem working in their pajamas and some of whom say they cannot work without showering and getting dressed as though they were going to an office. Myself, I am not comfortable wearing jeans or a non-button down shirt even if it would be acceptable at the office. It feels too casual to me.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace