Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 26, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)Companies Outside the U.S Hiring Programmers
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Companies Outside the U.S Hiring Programmers  (Read 1844 times)
attagirl
settling in

« on: April 22, 2007, 05:57:48 PM »

What companied outside the U.S. are best known for hiring programmers. I have heard that there are several companies but have been very unsuccessful at finding them. These would have to be established companies. Please if you have information let me know.
Report to moderator   Logged
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:48:18 AM »

I am not going to be that helpful here but what about the big multi-nationals particularly those in the IT space.  Another area is to go with something like SAP - if you have SAP programming experience lots of people seem to be hiring in this area.

Indeed some years ago I tried to get my husband to retrain as a SAP programmer - I failed.  But then again, I also tried to get him to retrain as a trade mark attorney and was not successful with this.  Such is life.

Greg
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:47:23 PM »

I know that a lot of companies in the USA outsource their programing jobs to India and China.  They simply send them the information and they complete the job.  This can hurt programers in the USA because they can not compete with the lower prices of India and China.  In fact, American companies don't actually set up their corporation in China or India.  They simply develop a relationship with a company in India and China and send them the work.  They charge the American company a low price and the American company charges the customer a big price.  In the end the American company makes a huge profit and doesn't have to worry about paying employee benefits, health insurance, etc.  Its the new American way of doing business.
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 12:26:04 AM »

I agree that this really does hurt industry in US. As we cannot work for the very low rates in which these companies will work for. But then again I also think that when outsourcing your work you are not getting the same quality that you might expect from someone in the US. that is why the rate is higher for the better work.
ftdale
just starting

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:07:30 AM »

Why would you want to get a job as a programmer outside the United States, unless you live in that country? If so, just name your location, and I'm sure someone here can point you the right direction to find programming jobs in your area. If not, find a job in the United States.

As for outsourcing, people need to grow up and face the reality. Which is that it's a globalized economy, and the United States is the one which wanted it this way in the first place. You reap what you sow.
Simonsays
just starting

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »

Wow this is all new to me. I suppose if you are in the US which companies are the best for programmers. can anyone give me this information.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace