Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 22, 2014, 01:00:12 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)UK Firms Risk Age Claims Over Recession Redundancies
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: UK Firms Risk Age Claims Over Recession Redundancies  (Read 5870 times)
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »

In my experience I'm sorry to say profit margins are always more important than staff.
Report to moderator   Logged
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »

Hmmm we're at a crossroads. Does anybody else have any opinions on this?
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »

I think the profit will always come first.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 04:10:45 PM »

I know somebody who runs a prominent flower delivery company and to say that they have an ethical outlook is an understatement. I think to them the workers are just as important as the company doing well.

Though I guess if a company doesn't do well it would have no workers so yes, the profit has to come first but is that really a bad thing?

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »

Lets face it a young employee with two children and a large mortgage and no savings against an older employee with a paid off mortgage, Isa's and all children left home and working?  Hmmm........  difficult one that.

During the redundancy process I was a employee representative.  They decided who was going long before the criteria and consultations process.  All the rubbish staff went regardless of age.

If someone makes you money and gives your customers satisfaction you keep them ahead of the Facebook sick note skivers!

Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace