Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 27, 2014, 07:57:51 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Would you like to be in a reality show?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Would you like to be in a reality show?  (Read 6199 times)
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »

Reality shows that are harmless are okay with me, but is anyone familiar with the reality show "Jon and Kate plus 8?"  It's a reality show about a family that has twins and sextuplets (8 kids total).  There has been talk about their reality show exploiting the children and is not healthy for their kids. 

Many are concerned the cameras following these young children (ages 5-8 yrs old) are actually hurting them.
Report to moderator   Logged
Betty
liking it

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »

Yes, having cameras following these young kids and having the public see them on television is taking away their private development.  Right now these kids don't realize what's going on.  They are clueless about having their lives caught on tape for everyone to see.  This is where parents should step in and say, enough is enough.  Let the kids develop in private.  They are not a circus show for everyone to see.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »

This is funny because there's another discussion going on about reality TV and I wrote a blog about it this afternoon.

Big Brother in the UK is huge and lasts far too long (from May till August) and I'm trying hard to stay away from it this year.

I heard the story about the kids as O'Reilly was bloviating about it this week.

When will they start with televised executions? You could have three guys on death row, they explain what they did and the audience votes on which one to gas.

I joke of course but in many ways I don't think we're actually far away from that.

Timber
liking it

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »

Robin, I like your analogy with reality TV for those on death row.  I never thought of it that way.  My vote is for gas.. lol

In regards to the show Jon and Kate plus 8, I think the kids are being exploited.  Just look at President Obama.  When he was running for office, he protected his children and did not want them interviewed.  Even today, now that he is elected, he still protects them and if you watched the show about Life Inside the White House, he guarded his children by not allowing the camera crew to film the girls or have them interviewed.  That's what a parent is suppose to do. 
ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »

I agree, I really don't think it's right for children to be a part of that kind of environment. Not only do they not have any privacy, but they're likely to resent their parents for it when they get older.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

I agree that Obama is doing well. Brian Williams commented in that show that they'd asked to even film the girls but the request was politely denied.

I don't know the latest on the show 'Jon & Kate Plus Eight' but from what I heard it should probably be taken off the air.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »

The latest I heard is Jon and Kate are talking to lawyers.  That could mean a divorce, which would be terrible for the kids. That is such a private matter that should be handled away from the public eye. 

However, I've been watching a new reality sho called "Cake Boss".  It's about an owner of a cake store who makes beautiful cakes for all occasions.  You get to see the stress he is under to make the cakes, complete deadlines, and deal with customers.  It's very educational and interesting. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

Some of these shows are actually educational aren't they?

Not the majority of them and usually not the really big ones but there are always these little nuggets tucked away in the reality style that do actually educate.

We had a show in the UK called Brat Camp. It may have started in the US and then was re-made over here I'm not sure but it's a great idea. Basically badly behaved kids are sent to a camp and through a series of different activities - some counselling, some team building - they are forced to confront and take responsibility for their actions.

ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »

I remember seeing Brat Camp, I thought it was a really good idea. I quite like the weight loss reality shows, i think they're a really good idea because they promote exercise and healthy eating and they're actively helping the contestants.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »

Love come dine with me.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »

Me and my wife were at some friends house for dinner on Saturday and the two men there felt Come Dine With Me splits the sexes.

Do people agree?

Everyone seems to love it but I do know a few men who can't stand it. Not sure why.

ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »

All of the guys I know who have seen it seem to like it. Although, I think it's the narrator that they like me the most! I think there are other reality shows that would split the sexes more like the makeover ones, or anything hosted by Gok Wan!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

Oh well such is life I guess. Maybe it's just me and my friend who are the unusual ones. I don't mind the show, it's very harmless, I'd just rather be watching other stuff.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »

I like Come dine with me and I'm a man  Shocked.
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »

I never heard of the show, Come Dine with me.  What is it about?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace