Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 31, 2014, 10:26:23 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Selling at a festival
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Selling at a festival  (Read 1479 times)
Timber
liking it

« on: June 17, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »

During the summer time thee are a lot of fun festivals to attend.  Has anyone ever thought of selling something during the festivals like hot dogs? burgers? soda?  Is it worth taking the time to sell stuff?  Do you make a lot of money?
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »

I think you'd have to have a full on business and probably apply months and months in advance. I'd imagine there's a huge level of competition. I guess if you were at a festival you could possibly sell things low key I don't know. Me & my family went to an outdoor gig a couple of years ago. My Mother In Law went to buy four ice creams (regular 99's) and came back with 4 change from a 20 note. Talk about a sellers market.

Sunny
liking it

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »

Selling at a festival can be tricky.  The most important thing is the weather.  If the weather is cold and rainy, people will not be coming out.  You also need to find out how many people will be going t the festival so you have enough food to sell.  You don't want to run out of food if you have a busy day.  Also you need to think about how are you going to prepare the food.  Will you need a generator for electrical power?  What about a freezer to keep certain food cold?

Bottom line is, do you homework before you put up a booth.
ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »

I think a lot of people who sell food at festivals are part of a chain or larger company. I'm sure it could mean a massive profit because the festival goers have little alternative to buying all their meals at the site itself. There's always the bonus of the music as well! But, I assume you have to rent the space for your stall from the festival organizers way in advance.
Betty
liking it

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

You do have to pay something for setting up a booth.  I assume the bigger the festival, the more expensive it is to set up your booth. 

Also keep in mind if you are selling food, you must have a license.  I think you can get that from you local Town Hall for a small fee.
Tomtom
settling in

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:30:58 PM »

Another important point is when you are selling food, expect a visit from the health inspector.  He'll make sure your booth is clean and everyone is wearing proper attire. 
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace