Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 16, 2014, 06:25:18 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Questions to ask at the end of an interview
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Questions to ask at the end of an interview  (Read 2264 times)
Greg
liking it

« on: April 14, 2007, 05:24:46 AM »

At the end of an interview you are always asked if you have any questions for them.  Does anybody know of any good questions to ask. I always feel obligated to ask something.   I usually ask, what do they like about working in the company.  Are there any other good questions to ask?
Report to moderator   Logged
Betty
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:06:17 AM »

Some good questions you may want to ask is what a typical day at work may be and what are some of the daily responsibilities that accompany this job position. You may also want to ask if the company provides ongoing training and educational classes for their employees.  These are some good questions that I usually ask.  It just lets them know that you are seriously thinking about the company and whether the job position is good for you too. 
ftdale
just starting

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »

Uh....When do I start?  Grin

I don't see why it's necessary to ask a question, but if it is necessary, just ask them if the food in the staff canteen is any good. Seriously, that'll loosen them up and make them think that you're not there just trying your luck, but you're really serious about wanting to work there.
Seb
just starting

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:35:55 AM »

lol ftdale.

Perhaps to build on this you could ask if they do sandwiches - and explain by saying that you like to work at your desk over lunch and prefer not to waste 20 minutes driving out for a sandwich!
Tammy
just starting

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:47 AM »

And to continue with this theme you could ask if the coffee machine does extra cafine for those late nights you like to pull!

Actually it is a difficult question to know what to ask since you want to look interested but if you are anything like me you probably do not have anything you want to ask.  I would say, definitely avoid questions about working hours, terms and conditions and stuff like that and perhaps ask about 'what it is like to work here' 'what the culture is like' and stuff like that
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to ask when they expect to fill the position and whether they will let you know in either case.
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 01:34:23 AM »

Here are a few questions that I have asked.

1. What types of activities/events are offered at the company or other ways I get to know people at the company?
2. Why do you like working for this company? 
3. Are there any other duties I will be respondsible for that we haven't talked about yet?

I found that all these questions will lead to more questions and will start some could conversation. 
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace