Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 20, 2014, 05:32:48 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Do you trust sales men?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Do you trust sales men?  (Read 1671 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: May 18, 2009, 09:35:02 PM »

Many people today are trying to sell you an item or are calling you on the phone to try their services.  These people are trying their best to get the sale.  Do you think they really care about the product they are selling?  Are they trying to cheat you?

What do you think?
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »

Honestly?

They're trying to get the sale. Which may in many terms mean cheating you or lying to you.

I used to do do cold calling for a double glazing firm. Believe me, the stuff those companies come out with? Or my experience of working for two of them in my youth?

Lies.

Spinner
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:11:30 PM »

It's hard to find a sales person who honestly has your best interest.  Although I must admit not everyone has the skill to be a sales person.  It takes a lot of convincing to get someone to believe you. 

You also need to handle a lot of rejection from people.  Not for me..
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »

I just couldn't do it myself. You're right about the rejection and surely no sales person could ever honestly have the customers best interests at heart. It goes against what he or she is trying to do. I'm not saying they are all evil or totally in it for themselves but ultimately......they have to get paid.
kimkk10
just starting

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:22:42 AM »

It would be nice, and I believe quite logical if adjustable bed salespeople would try and spend some time on the web telling people about what a great product an adjustable bed truly is. I have checked an awful lot of sites that cater to adjustable bed exposure but have yet to see any comments from an actual adjustable bed sales professional. I believe it would be an invaluable resource for any consumer looking to buy an adjustable bed if they had the insight and experience of an actual adjustable bed expert to help them make their purchasing decision.

An adjustable bed may not be the right choice for everyone. I am sure there are a lot of pros and cons that will weigh in on any buying decision. Although there are innumerable sites on the internet that provide great information on their particular lineup of adjustable bed models, the truth of the matter is, they are trying to sell you "their adjustable bed products". In other words, you will not hear anything negative about their particular line of products and their pricing will be as good as or better than any other competitor.

Adjustable bed manufacturers that advertise on the web do provide excellent information to the buying public and I would definitely start my search for the perfect bed there. I can find every price, model, color, feature etc. available by simply clicking on a few links. Unfortunately, what I cannot do yet, is talk to an impartial expert, who would be willing to take the time to tell me straight up which particular manufacturer provides the " best value for my dollar". That would be something to see.

Shopping for an adjustable bed on the Internet is an amazing technological mind numbing experience. The convenience it affords the average consumer is priceless but ultimately it is devoid of any personality. It is impartial and it is unsympathetic to your particular needs. The onus of proof is on consumers to satisfy themselves as to the validity of any claims being made.
AdsSpy: 19 sites by this AdSense ID

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 01:31:56 AM »

I agree with this 100%. You have it all summed up. The advertising "game".
Timber
liking it

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 03:42:07 AM »

Any time you have to sell something it's all mind games.  have you ever noticed they always have an attractive girl trying to sell a product.  Auto makers do this all the time when they are advertising their newest car.  There is always an attractive girl standing or sitting next to the car.  Do they think we're that easily fooled?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 03:19:19 PM »

The problem is some people must be that easily fooled? I mean I hate this too but if it didn't work they wouldn't keep doing it no?

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace