Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 02, 2014, 02:59:00 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)A dream job
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: A dream job  (Read 1487 times)
Spinner
liking it

« on: May 06, 2009, 05:05:40 PM »

British charity worker was named the winner of the "Best Job in the World" a 150,000 Australian dollar ($111,000) contract to serve as the caretaker of a tropical Australian island.

Ben Southall, 34, beat out 35,000 applicants for the dream assignment to swim, explore and relax on Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef for six months to write a blog to promote the area.

Do you wish you had this job?

Report to moderator   Logged
Tomtom
settling in

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »

That sounds like a nice job.  It's also a good way to promote the area.  I don't know if I'd read his blog because I'm not into blogging.  Although he must be a good writter if he won.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »

I don't think I wish I had his job full time but maybe for a couple of weeks  Roll Eyes.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:58 PM »

I heard that he is taking his girl friend with him and they both get to live there rent free.  They'll be there for 6 months. 

I think they're going to have the time of their life there.  I wish I was the girl friend.. Wink
ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »

That sounds amazing, I'd love to do something like that. I don't think it's a career I'd want to pursue forever, but a few years on a tropical island doesn't sound like a bad plan!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace