Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 26, 2014, 04:35:26 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Would you be willing to ride your bike to work?
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Would you be willing to ride your bike to work?  (Read 4378 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »

I've not really turned it into an office. I've put a few pictures on the wall in front of where I sit but that's nice anyway. It's only the kitchen table I've "commandeered" but I work from a lap top so it's very easy to do a quick "transformation" and I can get it looking like a dining table again in no time. Besides it's really the only place I could work so in a long winded answer to your question, no she doesn't mind.
Report to moderator   Logged

Drake
liking it

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »

Robin, I was wondering why you didn't make one of your rooms an office, instead of working in your kitchen.  Wouldn't that be easier because you can have file cabinets and office supplies next to you. You wouldn't have to move your stuff around either.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »

That's a grand idea and one I've considered but our spare room is so full of junk that I wouldn't be able to. Not without a serious amount of work. That's where all the things "we haven't unpacked yet" after moving in nearly two years ago are sitting in boxes. The kitchen is cool though. It's very big so I have alot of space. Don't imagine me crammed in next to the cooker or anything. It's quite lovely really  Smiley.

Jenna
liking it

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »

Actually, I think working at home is much better for your health.  You don't have to rush out the door on your lunch break to eat fast food.  That's what happened to me.  I used to go out for lunch with co-workers and I started gained a few pounds.  Your much better eating healthy food from home. 

I hope you keep your at home job.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »

And the commuting costs are SO cheap too  Grin.
Drake
liking it

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 10:33:27 PM »

I think people would be much happier if they worked from home.  The stress of traveling to work and dealing with people in the office can be stressful. 

Often I wonder is life was simpler when the main source of income was going into the farming industry.
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 10:42:39 PM »

Being a farmer is very hard work.  Today many farmers are complaining they aren't making a lot of money because of the change in climate and how it's been affecting their crop. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 12:54:41 PM »

It's true I would never want to be a farmer. Such a hard job. Romantic in many ways, farming your land and all that but the practicalities are very probably very different.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 01:15:56 PM »

Indeed.

I think you have to be a special kind of person to want to get your hands dirty (literally) and farm the land.
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace