Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 25, 2014, 12:51:38 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Chrysler to file bankruptcy
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Chrysler to file bankruptcy  (Read 1545 times)
Sunny
liking it

« on: April 30, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »

I just heard that Chrysler will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, giving Chrysler time to finalize a partnership with the Italian car maker Fiat Group.

The government, which has already poured $4 billion in loans into Chrysler, would also $8 billion more to carry the company through bankruptcy.

Is this a good idea?
Report to moderator   Logged
Tomtom
settling in

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »

It's sad to see a big company such as Chrysler filing bankruptcy.  Chrysler was such a big company years ago.  So many people used to work there and it is the back bone of our economy.  The top executives in the company should have taken action to prevent this from happening.

If these executives were so "smart", why did they make so many terrible decisions that affected the company's future?  What were they thinking? 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »

I think it's a good idea if this is the only way they can stay afloat in the long run. I guess they didn't have much choice when it came down to it. I agree though bad decisions must be what brought them to this point. Apparently Fiat want to make smaller hybrid cars which has to be a good idea in this day and age. I hope it all goes smoothly. One think that I haven't heard reported on the news though is what will happen to the employees?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:19:21 PM »

Yes I tend to agree but certainly it's all about the employees. If they're all going to lose their jobs and have to re apply for them at a lower rate or something like that it's no good at all.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »

I found this article which may be of interest to you. This is a quote from it and if you follow the link you can read the whole article: "Some Chrysler dealerships will close over time but no jobs will be lost in the short term, President Obama said."

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »

Thanks. Let's hope that actually happens then. That no jobs will be lost in the short term that is. Or is that coded language to say some jobs WILL be lost but in the long term?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »

I guess that could be slightly coded political language yes. Obama remains, a politician whether some think he's the saviour of the world or not. I actually think he's got a lot in common with Tony Blair. I think the spin is very slick and well presented and these kinds of statements are certainly open to interpretation. If the worst happens to these Chrysler employees they can say, "we said in the short term that no jobs would be lost and they weren't". Hmmm.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace