Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 01:03:37 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Japan is paying their foreign workers to go home?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Japan is paying their foreign workers to go home?  (Read 1981 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: April 26, 2009, 09:44:39 PM »

The Japanese government will pay thousands of dollars to foreigners who work in Japan to leave and must agree never to seek to work in Japan again.

Japanís offer, extends to hundreds of thousands of blue-collar Latin American immigrants.  It is designed to encourage them to leave the country, which is in a recession. So far, at least 100 workers and their families have agreed to leave.

Do you think this is a good idea?
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:38:01 PM »

That's a crazy idea. I mean I don't know if it's good or not because I can't get my head around it. I don't see what's wrong with it if it's voluntary. I can imagine the press now though if Labour tried to introduce it in the UK.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »

If the Government want to pay me lots of money to emigrate to Australia then that would be fine with me  Roll Eyes.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »

Actually Bob when you put it like that...... Roll Eyes

Spinner
liking it

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »

How can you make people leave the country?  I would proboably never go to the country in the first place, knowing that I might be asked to leave if my job was gone. 

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »

I think I may have misunderstood this. Is it migrant and foreign workers then that they are basically paying to leave the country?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 12:20:16 PM »

That's right Bob. It's migrant foreign workers not there own workers and citizens. I would put an LOL here but I hate that LOL punctuation. It would be crazy if they were trying to get rid of their own people.

Sunny
liking it

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »

I think it will be more difficult for people to leave if they have been in the country for several years.  They should propose this policy to those who have recently come to the country and are out of work.  It seems they have the least amount of ties to the country and more likely will leave.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »

I agree Sunny. If someone has been there years they are probably settled in a home and maybe even have a family. No way they will leave just because of a pay off. Isn't Japan supposed to be a great place to live? Has anybody here been there?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »

Do you know what? I feel sad to admit this but I know nothing about Japan. China is (allegedly) a Communist country right? Communist and capitalist at the same time though it seems. How about Japan? Are they a democracy? I feel ashamed at my lack of knowledge on this issue.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace