Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 28, 2014, 04:05:04 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Are you concerned about the Swine Flu?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Are you concerned about the Swine Flu?  (Read 2333 times)
Jenna
liking it

« on: April 26, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »

Many people are concerned about getting the Swine Flu.  This flu came from Mexico and has killed dozens in Mexico and sickened 20 in the U.S.

Could this become a pandemic?  Is there reason for people to be concerned?
Report to moderator   Logged
Sunny
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:37:07 PM »

I have been listening in the news about the Swine Flu.  I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about.  It's just a simple cold and you can make a full recovery. 

Right?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 11:36:42 PM »

Jenna I hope so. I saw the news tonight (Sunday) and they said the good thing is that so far there have been no deaths outside Mexico and that they would know much more in the next 72 hours. So watch this space I guess  Undecided.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »

Remember SARS? There was alot of fuss about that a while back and that never really reached the UK did it?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »

I don't know if it reached here or not actually but it certainly didn't turn into the "pandemic" that was feared. It would be bad if we didn't take these threats seriously though wouldn't it? We don't want to be de sensitised by previous false alarms and become like the country that cried wolf. Actually that's a bad analogy but do you know what I mean? I still think that so far no deaths have been reported outside Mexico so for the rest of the World that's at least a good sign.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »

I just heard in the news that President Obama was in Mexica awhile back and shaked the hand of a person who was later diagnosed with the swine flu.  That's scary.

I have heard they are closing some schools temporarily in the United Stastes where cases of the flu have emerged. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:11:24 PM »

They've actually closed a school in England where a child was found to be infected  Embarrassed. Apparently the UK is in pretty good shape with enough of the Tamaflu drug for 80% of the population. I think that's what Alan Johnson (UK Health Secretary) said on the news a day or two ago.

Jenna
liking it

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »

The swine flu reportedly came from those who went to Mexico for spring break.  They carried the virus back with them to their country.  I'm sure this virus will affect the number of people traveling out of the country and especially to Mexico.  I suppose the airline industry will need a bailout too, if this continues.. Undecided
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »

I was just talking to somebody who works for the NHS and she was saying that the latest news is that it would be better to catch it early as people seem to be responding well to treatment. A fear is that it will be back in the winter but a stronger virus so at least if you catch it you you'll build up some immunity to it.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »

I haven't heard anything about it for a few days now.

Maybe it was a lot of fuss about nothing?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »

I just heard on the news that it's a lot less harmful than first feared. In most cases anyway. Somebody from the WHO (that's the World Health Organisation not the rock band) said although it still may be a pandemic it doesn't mean it's the kind of pandemic that kills lots of people. A more mild pandemic if you will.

I hope this is true.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »

Everybody here seems to be saying that it's probably nothing to worry about so good news indeed. Last week some people were so afraid I thought I was living in that bad movie Virus. Or that the entire population was going to be wiped out like in 12 Monkeys. Not a bad movie by the way.
Timber
liking it

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »

I just heard, the fist person has died from the swine flu in the U.S.  She was a young female who had just given birth the a baby.  The family is devestated.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »

Embarrassed

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace