Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 21, 2014, 11:21:37 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Has anyone seen Susan Boyle on "British Idol"?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Has anyone seen Susan Boyle on "British Idol"?  (Read 6364 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 02:57:51 PM »

Personally I dislike (hate is a strong word) hair straighteners whether men or women use them.

I blame Jennifer Anniston myself.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jenna
liking it

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 07:32:31 PM »

I don't like hair straighteners either.  I don't understand why anyone would want to have straight hair? 

Yes, Jennifer Anniston started it, but it seems as though it's getting "old".  Isn't there a new trend coming around the corner?
Spinner
liking it

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »

Hey everyone, I found an old video of Susan Boyle when she was 22 years old singing in a local talent show.  Check it out.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/musictoob/11054/susan-boyle-as-you-have-never-seen-her-before/
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »

That's cool I enjoyed that thank you. Also on YouTube there's audio of her singing Cry Me A River from an amateur CD about ten years ago. That's fantastic.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »

I saw the video of her when she was 22 years old.  I think she sings much better now.  I suppose she has had voice lessons.

Did anyone see the new male contestant Jamie Pugh who sang recently.  This is another contestant who might win.  He sounded good too.

Teddy
liking it

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »

I think the show is much better than the American version of Idol.  I notice that the British show allows contestants of all ages.  In America, the contestants are very young, some in their teens.  No one in their 40's or older are on the show.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 12:15:59 AM »

This show is called Britians Got Talent and although the manipulative editing (cynical, me?) is almost identical......did they get through let's see...if Coldplay are playing a dirgey piano ballad in the background they probably didn't......it's not the same format. In the UK they did a couple of seasons of Pop Idol (basically the same as American Idol) and now do a show called The X Factor. That's the closest now to American Idol. Britians Got Talent doesn't even need you to sing. Some women were on it Saturday trying to teach an audience how to knit.

How very quaint and lovely...would somebody please pass the sick bucket?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »

I thought that was hilarious.

They weren't serious I don't think...just trying to get on TV.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »

Which is kind of my point about that show.

Just because somebody or something can get on TV that doesn't mean they should be on TV.

To me Britain's Got Talent is on the same level as the "I'd do anything to get on TV" section from The Word a few years ago. Does anybody remember that? It was re-created recently when Terry Christian was in Celebrity Big Brother.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »

But that stuff is good on a Saturday night for just chilling out and not having to think. Pizza and beer TV I call it.
Timber
liking it

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

Does anyone here have a talent they'd perform on any one of these reality shows?  Like singing or dancing?
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 11:41:24 AM »

I can play the spoons  Shocked. "I'd do anything to get on TV."  Grin
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »

Based on some of the rubbish they have on that show you should have probably auditioned. I'd rather see somebody playing the spoons than three lady's trying to teach the audience how to knit.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »

Maybe next year then  Shocked.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »

As Ben Stiller said in 'Starsky & Hutch', "Do it, do it, do it, do it...go on do it."

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace