Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 28, 2014, 04:45:30 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Yet Another Bail Out For US Banks?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Yet Another Bail Out For US Banks?  (Read 1721 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:39 PM »

I was watching the US news earlier and it seems that the Government has conducted "Stress Tests" on the major US banks. The good news is that they will all be fine............as long as a few of them get another few billion in bail out money.

The impression given was that this would be the last.

Do you think this is a good idea or could they be allowed to go bust?
Report to moderator   Logged

Jenna
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »

Yes, I have heard about the banks asking for another bail out.  I persoanlly don't think this is the last time they will be asking for money.  The banks have a lot of bad debts on their books and it will take a long time till they are back on track. 

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:20:07 AM »

Only the Government can decide ultimately I suppose. It all depends what will cost more, that bail out, or the public potentially losing savings and investments because if banks go bust that will happen surely? If they are big banks there would be outcry. Probably more of a scandal than yet another bail out.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

I think this is true. I just hope (as I'm sure everybody does) that if they get another bail out that it will be the last. Otherwise Obama will certainly get the blame as these so called "stress tests" have been conducted by his administration. This may well be the cut off point for Bush getting the blame for everything. Financially speaking anyway.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »

I think that's right. This can't go on forever and if the banks have been tested this should surely be the last load of cash they will get. They should know exactly what's needed to sort things out.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »

This final bail out, if it happens, will be crunch time certainly for the Obama administration. They will be seen to have got their figures wrong if they need more money in six months or a years time.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »

I'll be honest I'm sick of hearing about all these bail outs. I'm also sick of hearing about MP's expenses in this country. Bunch of corrupt expletives just out for what they can get. Sack 'em all.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace