Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 20, 2014, 04:55:19 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Has anyone seen Susan Boyle on "British Idol"?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Has anyone seen Susan Boyle on "British Idol"?  (Read 6237 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: April 21, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

Everyone has been talking about Susan Boyle who's performance on the television show "Britain's Got Talent" wowed the judges with her fabulous singing voice.  She's already become very popular in the media. 

Has anyone heard her sing?  Do you think she'll win the contest? 
Report to moderator   Logged
Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »

I heard about her performance on the news.  I went online to hear her sing and I was pleasently surprised to hear her voice.  Some people were brought to tears when they heard her singing. 

To me she sounds like an angel in heaven.  She should definately win the contest.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »

I was quite cynical about this story. That is until I saw the clip on YouTube. If you haven't seen it yet please follow that link. People in the audience were so against her because of how she looked. Doesn't that say everything about the fickle culture in which we live? I thought it was like watching 8 Mile or Rocky. Talk about an uplifting experience. Good for her. They reported it on the NBC Nightly News last week and she's already been on Larry King. I think Oprah's to follow. People need these kinds of feel good "a nobody beating all the odds" kind of stories especially in this depressing financial and economic climate. Good for her I say.

Spinner
liking it

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »

I agree Robin,

Her performance was like a story book event.  Everyone was laughing at her, but the minute she started singing, they were all amazed by her lovely voice. 

I have heard their is another contestant who also sang great.  This person is a young boy.  I heard him sing.  He's good, but I think Susan is better. 

Did anyone else hear the little boy?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »

I saw a boy on the news. He sounded a bit like a young Michael Jackson. He was good I agree but I think every week the producers of the show will hype up somebody as "the next Susan Boyle" to try and grab extra ratings and a bit of worldwide "buzz". I too thought he was just ok. Plus his voice will change when it breaks anyway so they'd better get him in a recording studio and milk him all they can while the proverbial iron's hot. I bet his first single is a cover of Michael Jackson's 'Ben'. Not that I'm cynical or anything, I mean I'm sure Cowell and the judges aren't really in this to make a quick buck?

Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:33:45 PM »

I agree Robin, the show will try to get the most money out of their contestsants.  It's the nature of the business.

What I like about Susan verses the young boy is more people can relate to Susan.  She is a grown up who keeps trying to fulfill her dream.  The young boy on the other hand is young and hasn't endured any struggles in life.  If he doesn't win on British Idol, he has several years to keep trying.  Do you know what I mean?
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »

I know what you mean. But talent is talent surely?
Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »

Has anyone seen Susan's new make over?  She has a new hair cut, her eye brows were trimmed, and she's wearing fashionable clothing.

Some people are upset that she is changing her style for the cameras.  Does anyone thing she is better off staying the way she was?  Or is she better of changing her style?
Sunny
liking it

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 11:30:42 PM »

sad to say, but I think she should have a make over.  She is a very pretty woman and once you start dressing better, your confidence increases. 

I say, Go For It Susan!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 12:28:06 PM »

This makes me sad actually.

As soon as I saw her I thought this would happen but then after seeing her on Larry King looking pretty much the same I figured perhaps not.

If it's her that's initiating this make over fine, I fear however that it's the shows producers.

Personally I think it sucks.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »

I think she looks great.  I realize some people wish she kept her same style, but her make over enhances her beauty.

Her make over is also very simple.  Meaning she hasn't had plastic surgery or become super skinny.  She only had her hair styled and is wearing stylish cloths.  That's okay with me....for now.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »

I was talking to my wife about this earlier and she read that the producers of 'Britain's Got Talent' didn't want her to have a make over...they wanted her to stay herself...though if this make over is her choice then she surely is being herself? It's ok with me if this fickle culture we live in hasn't somehow pushed her into it.

Timber
liking it

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

People should be themselves regradless of what producers and the entertainment industry want. 

The problem is people who watch actors and celebrities get as faulse idea of what beauty is and everyone wants to look like a movie star, when in actulality, they can't.  When this happens, people become depressed and feel insecure.  Someone needs to change this and many people were hoping Susan Boyle would be the one.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:34 PM »

I agree Timber 100%. People are definitely judged (by many people) by how they look and that's just sad. I'm even guilty of it but not people who look normal (whatever that is) but people who are really trying not to look normal. I remember when I went to see Kings Of Leon a couple of years ago. I just stood around and actually laughed before the gig started. Never have I seen so many insecure men in one place trying hard to look cool. I mean men with relatively short hair and bits of it were straightened and bits made to look messy. It just looked so desperate. 

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 01:07:29 PM »

Hey what's wrong with hair straighteners for blokes? Women have been using them for years.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace