Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 21, 2014, 05:05:23 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral recruiter topics (Moderators: Lisette, HireScores.com admin)Hospitality Recruiters Reveal Recruitment Hot Spots For 2009
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Hospitality Recruiters Reveal Recruitment Hot Spots For 2009  (Read 2198 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: April 18, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »

While employment opportunities fall away in Dubai, hospitality recruiters see Abu Dhabi, the US and Africa as growth areas for the sector this year.

Mark Norris, chief executive at Profile, told Recruiter: “Dubai has an eerie feel about it, as many of the cranes have fallen silent and a good few projects have gone on hold.

“However, there are a huge number of hotels and restaurants to work in even if things are somewhat different to 12 months ago. There is still plenty of opportunity for qualified hospitality workers.

“The location which I feel rather more confident about is Abu Dhabi. On the new Yaz Island alone, home to Formula 1 in 2009, there will be many thousand job opportunities created as there will be throughout Abu Dhabi, a land in the state of total  transformation.

“One area that I tip for the best opportunities over the next few years is Africa, particularly the eastern coastline.”

Paul Rogers, managing director at Admiral, adds: “I think people are going to start going back to the States. There is huge positivity around Barack being inaugurated. There is good value and I think hospitality in the US is going to get stronger.”
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

The US may get stronger but it doesn't seem to be showing signs of that yet. I guess it's only April so "we'll see" as they say.

Teddy
liking it

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »

I Agree with you Robin.  This entire year has been terrible for all businesses in the U.S.  Everyone business is having problems.  There has been talk that we are coming out of a recession, but I don't see it.  I think it will take SEVERAL years for there to be a change. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:43:34 PM »

I think it's kind of been terrible for many businesses worldwide, though that doesn't help when the business you work for or you are involved in is struggling. I didn't mean you literally by the way I meant you in the sense of "Joe Public".

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace