Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 24, 2014, 08:01:51 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)Agency going under?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Agency going under?  (Read 2686 times)
štetka
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:29:04 AM »

Does anyone have experience of contracting through an agency that's on the brink of collapse?  I'm working through an IT agency based out of Richmond right now for a large client in the City; and there's a lot of talk around cashflow issues with them (the agency, not the client) - now my pay is being affected.

How should I approach my client to tell them that I'm worried as to my ongoing contract?  The agency have never been very forthcoming with information and I don't like working through them but I have no choice as they had the client I wanted to work for - their office staff just ignore my calls and e-mails asking for clarification.

What should I do?  Embarrassed
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »

Firstly let me say welcome to the forums here. Secondly I don't think I can offer any meaningful advice on your problem, but hopefully somebody else here will do. Do you have a team leader or supervisor where you're currently placed? Perhaps you could try talking with them if you find them approachable?

forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »

Indeed a big welcome to the forums here štetka. If I can offer any advice or be of any help with anything at all please do ask. With regards to your difficult situation I echo the thoughts mentioned here already. Could you talk to somebody you feel you can trust where you're currently working? I would have thought that the client of the recruitment agency you're working for must have good relations with the agency. If your pay is starting to be affected you  probably should approach somebody as soon as you can as if they aren't aware of what's happening they would certainly want to know I'd imagine? I hope this helps in some small way.

Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »

Here are a few suggestions

Check if the agency are a member of the recruitment and employment federation and if they are you may be able to contact the REC to ask for advice.

Another option is to go down to the agency itself and ask them what is happening and share your concerns.  You may find that they have some sort of factoring solution in place which means you will be paid.

You mention that your pay is being affected - does this mean that they are not paying you?  If this is the case, they are likely to be in breach of their contract with you - check your contract and see if this is the case.  If it is raise this formally with the agency

You also have the option of talking to the client - i.e. the person that you are doing work with. You can ask your manager for advice and/or speak to the person in the company who contracts with the agency and express your concern and ask for advice.

best of luck

Lisette

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »

Agencies going under?

The best news I have read here.  Lets hope the trend is continuing.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Then all those lazy tossers that work for them telling lies etc will discover what it is like to be looking for a job and getting no where with agencies!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »

I do think there are far too many agencies out there. Can there really be that much business for them to stay afloat?
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »

Maggots feeding on the carcass that is enterprise and business.

Lets hope that 80% go out of business in 2011! 

Mind you their staff would just steal the databases and start up themselves in their spare bedroom. As most of the current agencies obviously already do!

A bit like cutting a worm in two becomes two worms.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace