Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 22, 2014, 04:25:07 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Things you are wasting your money on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Things you are wasting your money on.  (Read 8812 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »

I am SO lucky I know it.

She works in a big supermarket and is involved with customer service too. She develops photographs and helps out the electrical department when they are short. She gets so much grief from awkward customers. If something breaks on the photo developing side of course it's HER fault that a customers pictures are not ready.

It's probably the perfect job for her because she's so good at keeping her cool. That's not to say it doesn't upset her though.
Report to moderator   Logged

Timber
liking it

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 10:14:15 PM »

Working with customers can be very challenging. I once worked in a grocery store and most of the customers were nice, but there are ALWAYS those who you can never please.  No matter what you do, the job just isn't good enough.

I think they workers who deal with customers should be paid MORE money.  It's a very stressful job and many times you have to think quickly under pressure.  Does anyone else agree?
Spinner
liking it

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »

Customer service is a very difficult job.  The trick is to listen to what the customer is saying.  The key words to use are, "yes, I agree", "I understand", "what would you like us to do".  Always try to see the customers point of view and respond back with a smile. 

If you argue back, it only makes matters worse.
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »

Spinner, it's hard to be friendly with a customer who is upset, especially if you know they're wrong. 

When this happens, it's hard to listen to a customer who is wrong and try to explain to them why they are wrong.  The truth is, customers can lie and say anything to get their way.  When this happens, it becomes a battle of wits.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »

I agree with Timber. If a company has a policy that the customer is always right, and they drill that into you when you're being trained, then I guess the customer is always right. That of course doesn't mean they are. It just means you should treat them as if they were. Which is extremely difficult. It crosses a line when they perhaps get abusive verbally, which I've encountered several times working in a variety of customer service roles. You just have to bite your lip ultimately.

Drake
liking it

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »

Sometimes I think customers know you have to please them and will take advantage of this.  For example, if your a waitress at a restaurant, a customer can be very picky and demanding, which can easily annoy you.  What can you do? 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 11:16:05 PM »

I think the first rule of customer service should be, in the worst case scenario, be prepared to be a doormat. If somebody is trying to antagonise you in a customer service setting then you're letting them win by rising to it. I don't mean to get all "spiritual" but to try and "turn the other cheek" proverbially is a good thing. Sure they may be in the wrong but all you can lose is a bit of pride. Not your job.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »

That's all very good in principle Robin but when you have a customer screaming at you down a phone about a perceived bill discrepancy and you can see that they are at fault it's hard to have this "they are right" attitude. There's only so much you can take as an advisor.
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 04:25:32 PM »

I have been on the phone talking to someone about a bill and when the customer service rep started raising their voice with me on the phone, I just got louder and more upset.  The conversation went no where and became a battle of wits.

Bottom line:  Your better of trying to relax the customer and understand their point of view before you bark back at them.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »

It's true. I agree 100% with this point.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace