Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 01, 2014, 12:06:13 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Things you are wasting your money on.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Things you are wasting your money on.  (Read 8882 times)
Coultrane
liking it

« on: April 07, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

I just read an article that said some of the things people waste their money on is...

Bottled water
Organic food
Down loading music
Gym membership

Do you agree?
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »

I think bottled water is a waste of money and the only time I buy it is when I'm out, I want a drink of water and can't get to a tap.

Organic food? Not sure. Each to his or her own I guess. Me or my wife don't buy any though that's probably out of ignorance of the issues that cause people to buy organic.

Downloading music? No way. I'd say cd's are a waste of money/ As much as I love to own a package whenever I buy one it goes onto my computer and ipod and gets shelved. Sad as it makes me it's a waste of my money to pay 12 on a CD when iTunes will give me what I need for 8.

Gym membership? I would if I could.

Timber
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »

I like to buy bottled water, but the price is too high.  So instead I bought a water purifier that filters tap water for drinking.

I do not have a gym membership and don't want one.  I don't like to exercise in front of others and prefer to exercise in the privacy of my own home.

Organic food...I would like to buy, but too expensive.  I'm thinking of planting my own vegetable garden this year to save on money.

I don't down load music.  I would like to, but I'd rather be spending my money on more important things.  I'm sure if I was a teenager, I'd be downloading music every day.
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »

I waste my money when I go to restaurants to eat.  Sometimes I'll order fish or chicken along with dessert.  When the bill comes, I add on the tip and realize I could have bought a few groceries for that amount of money.  This is one of my weaknesses...going out to restaurants.  I enjoy the atmophere and the luxury of picking anything from the menu.  I should cut back, but I'm spoiled.. Grin
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

I'm not very good myself in restaurants of thinking about the money I'm spending. I'm pretty hopeless really and should stay away from them. I'll usually spend to much and end up ordering to much. To many side dishes etc that I don't really need.

Spinner
liking it

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:53:52 PM »

One of my pet peeves regrading wasting money, is when people go to the florist to buy flowers.  Sure they're pretty and smell godd, but eventually they die.  So why bother spending the money when the flowers will be in the garbage in one week.  This makes no sense to me.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »

Really? I love flowers. More and more since getting married. I think a nice vase of flowers can pretty much change a room's ambience and light it up in many ways. We always buy flowers from supermarket's too. They're much cheaper than a florist usually and if you look early enough in the day you can usually find some lovely things.

Teddy
liking it

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 07:51:20 AM »

I usually buy flowers when I've done something wrong or for Valentines Day.  I would like to buy them more often, but I like to surprise people and if I give away flowers too often, it may lose it's authenticity. 

Best to buy chocolate or some type of sweets.  At least I can enjoy them too.. Grin
Sunny
liking it

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:03:26 AM »

I waste a lot of money on my car.  I bought new wheels, tinted windows, and a new stereo with speakers.  I even got it painted.  Everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing it, but it's my car and I love it.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

My weakness is definitely dvd's and downloading music. I'm a huge movie buff so when a movie is released on dvd it's all about the extra features. I even listen to the Director and cast commentary. I just find all of that stuff fascinating. With downloading music I'm just slightly obsessed with having the most "eclectic" iPod ever. I try to have a bit of everything I like on there. Different kinds of world music and different styles and genre's. The problem is there's just to much music out there and my 80g iPod is already full so I'm now having to delete stuff to add more.

I think I need a 160g  Roll Eyes.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »

Drink, drink and drink as the old guy in Father Ted would say. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a drink problem, but that's where most of my free money goes. Going out with mates.
Betty
liking it

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »

I love to shop and with summer coming around the corner, it's time to buy some new summer outfits.  I suppose it's a girl thing, but I really enjoy wearing new clothes, especially after a long cold winter.  I suppose it makes me feel good, but who doesn't enjoy shopping?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »

I sure do. As I said previously for me it's music and dvd's rather than close but indeed, shopping therapy or whatever it's called. I love to get lost in a huge HMV or Virgin Megastore for an hour. Looking for random obscure movies with many extra features. That's my wife's idea of hell really.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 01:23:13 PM »

I'd just do that online. Saves the time and the shoe leather.
Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »

I waste my money when I go out with my friends on Friday night.  Usually we get together and go to the bar and hang out there for a few hours.  Our night involvess getting a bit to eat and buying a few beers and the bar. That bill can add up really quick if you don't watch it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace