Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 18, 2014, 04:18:02 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Volunteering may lead to a steady job
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Volunteering may lead to a steady job  (Read 1297 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: March 25, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »

Many pope are looking for work and they are competing with many others who are in the same situation.  One way to get help in today's job market is to volunteer your services.  Volunteering allows employees to see your work ethic and you can network with people.  The end result might be a paid job in the company.

Has anyone done volunteer work?  Were you eventually hired by the company?
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »

I did a years voluntary work back in 93-94 but it was more like a year out so was never intended to lead to a job. It was one of the happiest times of my life and a very life changing experience too. I'd recommend any type of voluntary work to anybody myself.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »

Teddy I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain some more? You mean volunteering for a company that you would like to be working for? How do you go about that? I've never heard of that before.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »

I'm not familiar with this kind of voluntary work either.

Teddy
liking it

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »

By volunteer work I mean, working for a company, hospital, nursing home, school, etc.. for free.  Hopefully, if you work for free the hospital or place of business will see how you work and if a job opening comes up, you more likely to get the job because everyone already know you.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

It's good advice. I just wasn't aware of that kind of voluntary work. I guess it certainly shows how committed you are and when a position does come up you'd be top of the list surely?

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace