Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 22, 2014, 12:45:45 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Job Candidates Stand Out With 3D CV's
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Job Candidates Stand Out With 3D CV's  (Read 19761 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »

Hello there Brad Piit. Nice nickname  Grin. What do you mean by "needs to be eliminated from society" exactly? Welcome to the forums here by the way.
Report to moderator   Logged

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »

Sounds very Fight Club to me. Which is an awesome film by the way see it if you haven't. And welcome too Brad.
Jonicode
just starting

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

I don't think I'd even apply for the job if they wanted a video CV of me.  Is it really necessary to see what I look like?  Are they trying to hire good looking people?  Will they look at me to see if I'm fat?  Or are they trying to see if I look intelligent?  Regardless, a video CV sounds very superficial to me. 

Confidence is but a hindrance, but what if the job offered is the job of your dreams? Wouldn't it be worth going the extra mile??

Cheers,
Joni
Resume Builder
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

Joni what's your opinion/experience of video CV's? Do you think they're "the future" or simply a passing fad?

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »

If I may throw my two penneth in I think they are a fad and will never take off. Employers may well discriminate against people who they don't feel "look the part" when they can't do this via a regular CV.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:48:09 PM by forum admin » Report to moderator   Logged
imike24
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 07:44:16 PM »

ok

devices exercise patches pills female libido semen enhancers autoresponders breast enlargement HGHs hair removers
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »

Hi iMike welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com. Please don't hesitate to ask if I can do anything to help you with anything at all.

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »

If people start making a video CV, some might start hiring attractive actors portraying them in the video CV, when in actuality its not.  Can you see that happening? Looks like there might be a new job for actors on the horizon..

Why not.  It is NOT what you look like but what you can do!  Good looking people always have a better career prospects than avergage or ugly people.
Now who would you get to do you?

Arnie?  "I'll be back to terminate you!"

Bruce?  "Looks like I'm in the wrong frigging place at the wrong frigging time again"
Jason
liking it

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »

Now who would you get to do you?

I'd heve Robert Webb (Jez from peep show), or Keanu Reeves in his Matrix outfit.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »

I think video cv has some advantages like.

> It present a professional face to an application.
> It gives a personal apperance.

Creating a video cv/ resume gives potential employers a glimpse of your personality, interests, goals and characteristics which helps in choosing the right candidate.

syed2011
just starting

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:31 AM »

i think video cv has some advantages lik.

> It present a professional face to an application.
> It gives a personal apperance.

Creating a video cv/ resume gives potential employers a glimpse of your personality, interests, goals and characteristics which helps in choosing the right candidate.

Gota
having fun

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »

Hi Syed. I think my problem with it is that an employer could decide for or against you based upon your looks. I guess this could also happen at the interview stage but at least by that point you're having an interview.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 03:11:10 AM »

Hmmm. Yeah I'm not sure about these myself. The old phrase "if it aint broke don't fix it comes to mind."
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 04:35:14 AM »

Hi Syed. I think my problem with it is that an employer could decide for or against you based upon your looks. I guess this could also happen at the interview stage but at least by that point you're having an interview.

Hi Gota,

I do agree with you, at-least candidate will get opportunity of job interview call but video resumes has many other advantages like, communication skills and presentation of the job seeker can be assessed online through the video. The recruitment process can also be accelerated. Cost of initial conversations have reduced the job seeker to express his experience and skills base in his own words. The video content can be adapted to their respective companies. Currently, video resumes make the candidate stand out from the crowd of job seekers.

Gota
having fun

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »

Good points Syed. I think I'm just stuck in the past  Smiley.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace