Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 29, 2014, 05:37:01 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Job Candidates Stand Out With 3D CV's
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Job Candidates Stand Out With 3D CV's  (Read 19453 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: March 25, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »

Does anybody here have any experience of these kinds of CV's? Have you made one? Have you noticed any differences in job application or interview success? Or recruiters and employers have you received many? How do you view them?
--------------------
As the recession sends competition for jobs soaring, candidates are stepping up their acts with the use of 3D CVs.

Human resources firm Jaluch has welcomed the evolution of the CV from 2 pages of A4 to include a video about the candidate and links to websites, and is offering tips to local employers on avoiding potential pitfalls that may come with it.

Helen Clarke, Managing Director of Jaluch, which has offices in London, Reading and Ringwood, said: “As competition heats up we’re predicting a rise in the number of technology-savvy CVs.

“A visual CV is a very innovative approach which can demonstrate an individual’s comfort with current technology and enthusiasm for the job. It’s a great way of standing out from the field in what is becoming an ever more competitive market.

“But employers should treat such CVs with caution, ensuring disgruntled candidates cannot accuse them of rejecting applications based on appearance, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.

“As with any job application, managers must lay out clear selection criteria and keep good records outlining details for recruitment decisions.”

According to a recent survey by the executive search company MRINetwork, 3D CVs are used by around 4% of candidates in the UK. That number is thought to be rising, as growth in broadband connections and simple video-making software make creating visual CVs easier.

Helen added: “Some organisations are even starting to request 3D CVs – to do so they must give clear guidelines for content and length of the required video presentation.”
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

It says at the end that some organisations are starting to request video CV's. Really? Maybe I'm a little behind the times but surely a regular paper CV would also do? It seems to almost discriminate if a company or employer is specifically asking for a video CV? I mean if you don't have access to a camcorder or webcam or whatever what do you do?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:43:50 PM »

I've not even heard of 3DCV's. And I'm looking for a job at the moment  Undecided.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »

I assume by 3DCV's they mean video CV's?

Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »

I don't think I'd even apply for the job if they wanted a video CV of me.  Is it really necessary to see what I look like?  Are they trying to hire good looking people?  Will they look at me to see if I'm fat?  Or are they trying to see if I look intelligent?  Regardless, a video CV sounds very superficial to me. 
Betty
liking it

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:21:04 PM »

I suppose the purpose of a video CV is to speed up the process of interviewing a candidate.  Usually a person can judge someone within the first 3 seconds of meeting them. Hence, a video CV helps the person determine if your worth seeing in person. 

Looks like this might become a new trend for the future if it catches on.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

I agree with you Coultrane and I think Betty you make a great point. Because of the reasons Coultrane cited I hope they don't take off because I'd rather at least have an interview to win somebody over than a glimpse of me on video tape. If somebody decides not to interview purely based on how somebody looks and not what they have to offer...well...it's a huge step backwards isn't it? Surely?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »

People could easily toss away those video CV's of people they don't like the look of which can't happen with a normal CV yes.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »

I'm not keen on the idea myself, even if it is the future. Allegedly.

Teddy
liking it

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »

I think many attorneys will be suing companies who practice this type of employee selection process. 

Can you imagine the number of people complaining that they were discriminated against because they were either over weight, old, or were not hired based on the color of their skin, based on their video CV? 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »

Great point Teddy. That's why I can't imagine these kinds of CV's taking off. People will not be able to prove that they were discriminated against but still, why add that into the equation? I think CV's are fine the way they are and have always been.

Spinner
liking it

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »

If people start making a video CV, some might start hiring attractive actors portraying them in the video cv, when in actuality its not.  Can you see that happening? Looks like there might be a new job for actors on the horizon..
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »

I could certainly see that happening in some kind of 'Tonight With Trevor McDonald' investigation into a racist or ageist employer. Sounds like a good show to me.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »

I can see that now. A handsome well spoken actor gets an interview and they then send a secret camera in to the interview with somebody completely different. Nice.
bradpiit
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 07:06:10 AM »

The initiative taken for the concern is very serious and needs an attention of everyone. This is the concern which exists in the society and needs to be eliminated from the society as soon as possible

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:29:33 AM by HireScores.com admin » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace