Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 24, 2014, 10:07:05 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Job Candidates Stand Out With 3D CV's
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Job Candidates Stand Out With 3D CV's  (Read 18037 times)
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »

Hi Syed. I think my problem with it is that an employer could decide for or against you based upon your looks. I guess this could also happen at the interview stage but at least by that point you're having an interview.graduate jobs london

Agreed, it could work both ways. A employer may have 100s of applications to sift through and I imagine will only glance at a cv for a few seconds before deciding whether to put them through to the next stage. Will they want to sit through a 2-3 minute video?

Or converesely they may see it as a refreshing change from the same, cliche filled CV's they have looked at all day and addmire their intiative. Unfortunately it is the employers personal opinion and not a set rule either way!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:40:53 PM by bsforrester80 » Report to moderator   Logged
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »

Personally until I hear that video CV's are "the norm" I won't make one. You could get extra points for using initiative but equally you could end up looking a little too "keen".
Report to moderator   Logged
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »

I think I agree fully with what Bob said.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »

Why thankyou Jonathan. I've read a little about Video CV's but I really don't think they are the industry "norm" yet so I'll stay away.
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 11:17:55 AM »

Does anybody here have any experience of these kinds of CV's? Have you made one? Have you noticed any differences in job application or interview success? Or recruiters and employers have you received many? How do you view them?
--------------------
As the recession sends competition for jobs soaring, candidates are stepping up their acts with the use of 3D CVs.

Human resources firm Jaluch has welcomed the evolution of the CV from 2 pages of A4 to include a video about the candidate and links to websites, and is offering tips to local employers on avoiding potential pitfalls that may come with it.

Helen Clarke, Managing Director of Jaluch, which has offices in London, Reading and Ringwood, said: “As competition heats up we’re predicting a rise in the number of technology-savvy CVs.

“A visual CV is a very innovative approach which can demonstrate an individual’s comfort with current technology and enthusiasm for the job. It’s a great way of standing out from the field in what is becoming an ever more competitive market.

“But employers should treat such CVs with caution, ensuring disgruntled candidates cannot accuse them of rejecting applications based on appearance, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.

“As with any job application, managers must lay out clear selection criteria and keep good records outlining details for recruitment decisions.”

According to a recent survey by the executive search company MRINetwork, 3D CVs are used by around 4% of candidates in the UK. That number is thought to be rising, as growth in broadband connections and simple video-making software make creating visual CVs easier.

Helen added: “Some organisations are even starting to request 3D CVs – to do so they must give clear guidelines for content and length of the required video presentation.”

Recent survey 3D CVs are used by around 4% of candidates in the UK, and simple video making software make creating visual CVs easier.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »

So they aren't really "the norm" yet then? If only 4% of people are currently using them. I have a feeling an agency wouldn't know what to do with one if they received one.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »

Can somebody explain exactly what a Video CV is? Is it a jpeg file that you record on a webcam and attach to a covering letter? Sorry not jpeg I meant MP3. You can see I know what I'm talking about then. NOT! lol
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »

No reply to your last message obviously nobody knows what one is. lol.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »

I can't see Video CV's ever taking off in my opinion.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 12:56:22 AM »

The lack of responses here leads me to agree with you. I may just start a new strand on this matter cos I'm quite interested in what nobody seems to know abaout.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »

So they aren't really "the norm" yet then? If only 4% of people are currently using them. I have a feeling an agency wouldn't know what to do with one if they received one.

They don't know what to do with Paper CV's either!
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »

Video Cv's are bo**ocks!

I wouldn't employ some arrogant tosser who thought he was better than everyone else just because he had filmed himself.

BUT if I were looking for a part on Eastenders or an advert for Persil then video Cvs are the way to go but only if you are an actor.  And there lies the rub anyone who has a video Cv is ACTING and speaking LINES from a SCRIPT
Gota
having fun

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 04:02:49 PM »

lmao.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »

Nobody around these parts seems to know anything about them. And this is a recruitment forum.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »

Obviously not the next big thing then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace