Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 24, 2014, 07:40:41 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Gordon Brown To Create Up To 100,000 New UK Jobs
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Gordon Brown To Create Up To 100,000 New UK Jobs  (Read 793 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: March 25, 2009, 01:11:34 PM »

I wondered if people think these positions will materialise or if the more cynical think it may just be a catchy press release? It says the jobs will be created "over the next period of time" which seems quite a limitless time frame.

Discuss?
--------------------
Gordon Brown has announced plans to create up to 100,000 new jobs in the UK.

It is hoped that the employment scheme will ease the pain of the recession using a 10 billion programme of public works projects, similar to that in America in the 1930s.

Some of the future job projects include school repairs, new rail links, hospital works and development of the new super fast broadband to be rolled out across the country.

There will also be investment in eco-friendly technology such as building electric cars and harnessing wind and wave power, all of which could create jobs.

Mr Brown said he wanted to show he could use "public investments and public works, to create probably 100,000 additional jobs over the next period of time in our capital investment programme".

This news has been welcomed by the UK recruitment sector.

The British Chambers of Commerce recently claimed that the minimum wage in the UK should not be increased until the country has recovered from the recession.
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:35:32 PM »

I can be quite cynical but I hope this pledge comes to fruition. The next "period of time" certainly is a little vague though. It would seem he doesn't want to be pinned down by the opposition.
Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace