Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 01, 2014, 09:58:48 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)What are the hottest jobs with no college degree required?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What are the hottest jobs with no college degree required?  (Read 2010 times)
stanford
liking it

« on: April 16, 2007, 05:51:54 AM »

I was wondering what are the top jobs in demand with no degree necessary?  I was talking to someone the other day and they said its auto technicians.  Many of the new cars being designed are computerized and there is a need to have trained technicians who can fix the problems. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Greg
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:03:31 PM »

One job that doesn't require a college degree and is in demand is Sales Representaives.  Everyone knows there is a high turnover in this area and every day there are new products that are being sold.  There is no college degree required, but you should have good customer service skills to deal with a varity of people.
freeform
settling in

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:01 AM »

One job that doesn't require a college degree and is in demand is Sales Representaives. 

I'd agree with Greg - I was actually having a discussion with someone yesterday about what one skill would you like people to have. Along with the usual suspects of work ethic, willingness to learn etc.... (not skills per se) we agreed that an ability to sell was top of our list.

It's not just for sales roles though - I'd love eveyone that works with me to have an understanding of, and willingness to, sell. I think it's one of those skills that if you can learn to do it well then you'll always be employable.

Mark Nagurski
FreeForm Media
Marketing support for small businesses
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:53:39 PM »

I so think that many employers are expecting people to have more skills than what the job requires. Most jobs out there require some sort of sales skills whether or not you think they do.
ftdale
just starting

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:02:12 AM »

Well, you could always get into politics.... Grin

I guess sales does top the list. Though I'd say that entry level jobos in most sectors are available without college degrees. The problem comes up when you're looking for a promotion....
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »

I like politics that is a very good answer Grin. There are quite a few jobs that really do not require degrees, now just finding them is the key. Most retail outlets (sales) do not require degrees. Most general office jobs do not require them either.
Tammy
just starting

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 09:59:45 AM »

Sometimes the best is to target the organistion - take a big one with a really good reputation for staff development etc - and then get in at the bottom - and then take courses, and stuff and work your way up the ladder.
Greg
liking it

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »

Another good job without a college degree is a real estate agent. All they need to do is get their license.  You can make really good money if you sell very expensive houses, which is why many real estate agents`like to work in expensive areas such as California. The only down fall is you work on commission.  So if you don't sell a house, you don't get paid.  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 08:12:47 PM by Greg » Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »

Pretty much any of the service fields like mechanics, carpenters, plumbers are always going to be in demand just due to the nature of the world in which we live. I have an advanced degree in my field but there are plenty of days I wish I had taken auto shop when I had the chance!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace