Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 23, 2014, 03:18:39 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreOn-line Recruitment (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)One In Seven Jobseekers Limit Job Search To Web
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: One In Seven Jobseekers Limit Job Search To Web  (Read 2796 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: May 30, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »

The annual National Online Recruitment Audience Survey (NORAS) surveyed over 50,000 online jobseekers. The survey shows that one in seven jobseekers exclusively use the internet to look for jobs, a figure up from one in 11 a year ago and more than double the figure of one in 16 in 2007.

The survey also shows that  a quarter of  online jobseekers had obtained a job that they searched for, found and applied to online.

Meanwhile 10% said that they have used a smart phone or BlackBerry to look for a job.

Giles Guest, managing director of Enhance Media – the online recruitment research and strategy company that produces NORAS, says: “NORAS 2009 shows that the Internet is becoming an increasingly important and dominant channel in recruitment.

“The year-on-year results also show that the downturn is accelerating the move towards online hiring as companies look to save costs wherever possible during the recruitment cycle.”
Report to moderator   Logged

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »

Online would be where I'd search though I'd be limited not being in UK.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:01:11 PM »

Me too to be honest in the "day and age" (to quote The Killers. Every job advertised in the Job Centre is online anyway on their website so the figure doesn't surprise me in the least.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:15:26 PM »

Online is where it's at when it comes to job hunting. I would and have occasionally called an employer up randomly to see if they were hiring but other than this I'd always do my job search online I think.
ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »

I've only ever used online resources to search for jobs, such as the job center website. It's much more convenient because you can refine your search so it only shows jobs that match your criteria rather than having to look through pages and pages for only a few possibilities.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »

At least the job centre will have GENUINE vacancies.  BUT have you noticed that the agencies are just clogging up the Job centre website  as well as Total Jobs etc.
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »

I still think it helps yo get yourself out there when job hunitng. Not least to go to job agencies to get other people looking for jobs for you. Often some positions may be filled by the time they are posted online anyway such is the deamdn for work at the moment so it pays to cover all based, not just the internet.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace