Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 24, 2014, 06:48:04 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityHireScores.com news (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, Forum Management)Workplace Law Network 11.02.09
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Workplace Law Network 11.02.09  (Read 2367 times)
Timber
liking it

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 09:23:55 PM »

I agree that social networking sites are just a way of being nosy without having to call your friend to find out what's new with them.  For example, I have a friend that I haven't spoken to in years, but thanks to facebook I know exactly what she's been doing.  On facebook, she talks about her kids, work, places she's visited, etc.  It's great and I haven't even been to her house!
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

I think there's a fine line. Or at least a line that's now been created with the invention of Facebook in particular. Some older school friends that I lost touch with twenty years ago are on Facebook and I find it interesting to know where they are and what they're up to now but I wouldn't want to call them or meet up with them. In this way with these kinds of older acquaintances I think Facebook's great.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »

Twitter sounds a bit boring if all you can do is update your status. Why do you look at it? Just to read a status update? You get that and so much more at Facebook.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »

Good point.

I guess it comes down to two kinds of people, do you find the applications etc on facebook a distraction or do you find them entertaining? I guess the people that answer distraction might lean more towards Twitter. It's straight to the point.

Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace