Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 22, 2014, 04:10:20 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)More On Generation Y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: More On Generation Y  (Read 9883 times)
Spinner
liking it

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »

I heard credit scores of 800 or anywhere near this number is extremely difficult to achieve.  The only person who can achieve this number is an older person who has been using the same credit card for several years.  Hence, a long, long history of credit is essential to achieving a perfect credit score. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »

Thanks so much for this. I am indeed going to check mine. Now at least I'll know what to look for. Thanks again.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »

Is there a way to fix a bad credit score?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »

I too would love to know if a bad credit score can be fixed. I once heard that it takes seven years from defaulting on a credit agreement or going through something that gives your credit scoring a bad number to be fixed. Does anybody know if that's true? Seven years seems a little harsh to me.

Spinner
liking it

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 10:53:13 PM »

Yes.  I have heard that seven years is the amount of time for a bad credit mark to be erased from you credit rating, such as missing a payment on your credit card. 

However, throughout the seven years, you can help build up your credit rating by lowering the amount of bad credit you need to pay off.

I'm not sure what happens if you go bankrupt. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »

Thanks for this.

Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 05:40:05 PM »

Here's another tip.  You should always check your credit rating because of identity theft.  Thieves are always trying to steal people's identity so they can generate credit cards in their name.  I hope this has never happened to anyone, but it's something to watch out for.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »

Wouldn't you know if that happened though because bogus transactions would start being added to your credit card statement?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I don't know if identity theft is different from credit card fraud (I think it probably is though I'm sure the two can be linked) but I'm in the process of looking into the credit rating. Partly because I'm intrigued and partly because I'm hoping to apply for a loan at some point in the not too distant future. With the financial world the way it is I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »

I once had a charge on my credit card that I never made.  I found it in my monthly statement.  It said I made two long distance country phone calls.  I had to call my credit card company and tell them someone fraudulently used my credit card numbers.  Luckily I didn't have to pay for the purchase, but the thought that someone used my credit card numbers was very disturbing.  You really need to watch where you use your credit card, especially if you make online purchases.  There are many people who hack into a website. 

Be very careful.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

I agree.

On a lighter note me and my wife booked our hotel in Brooklyn for our New York holiday last year and little did we know that the base of the agents was in Dublin. We forgot about the booking till nearly a month later when our credit company got in touch and asked if we'd spent this amount of money in Dublin. We didn't think about the hotel so promptly said no and they cancelled the payment. A few days later we realised our mistake and had to call the company to ask them to authorise the payment after all.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »

Yes, I have heard of credit card companies calling you up to make sure you purchased a certain amount of money, for security reasons.

This also happened with my friend who was traveling.  She was spending so much money on one credit card that they contacted her to make sure these purchases were legitimate, otherwise they would have canceled her card. 

I think almost everyone has a credit card today.  Can you imagine what it was like years ago when credit cards weren't around?  Do you think you'd survive without the plastic?
lava
liking it

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 12:59:03 AM »

Today I heard in the news that credit card companies are not doing well and many of them are trying to encourage customers who have high balances to pay off their balance sooner because they are afraid eventually the customer will eventually never pay off their remaining balance.  In other words, with the economy so bad, credit card companies are afraid customers will start ignoring their credit card payments.  It's a fear that is growing stronger every day.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »

It's a strange one this. I understand the important desire for most people to WANT to pay credit card balances off but the companies themselves have dangles many carrots in front of our faces for years because it's been better for them for us to owe them lots of money. Now they're in difficulty this apparent change in heart is not strange but I remain cynical. Is this there way of saying, please help us out?

Jenna
liking it

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2009, 02:43:38 AM »

Credit card companies are full of tricks.  Has anyone gotten a letter from a credit card company offering zero percent introductory period?  That's a joke!  Those rates are good for a certain period of time and once they have you as a customer, the interest rate jumps to an all time high. 

My advice...always read the fine print on credit card plans.  That's where they hide all their tricks.  Read, investigate and ask questions!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace