Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 24, 2014, 02:55:33 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)69 Million Pounds Lost To Poor Recruitment Decisions Every Year
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: 69 Million Pounds Lost To Poor Recruitment Decisions Every Year  (Read 1606 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: March 05, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »

Paul Burgess, Managing Director of eploy, responds to the research published last month by jobsite.co.uk, which revealed that the UK’s small and medium businesses are wasting an estimated £69m a year on poor recruitment decisions.

This research highlights the importance for more SME’s to start investing in recruitment systems and applicant tracking software. These technologies will help them make informed choices during the selection process, which will ultimately save time and money. By adopting an online recruitment system which is able to fully integrate with their current website, SME’s will be able to easily broaden their candidate searches through job boards which are now used by an estimated 80% of jobseekers this research states.

Broadly speaking, SME’s have viewed recruitment software as an unnecessary or a costly expense - but this is a big misconception. According to this research, SME’s invest £300m annually on recruiting 250,000 employees, and more than a fifth of these appointments have to be made twice within a year – so can these businesses afford to be without recruitment software?

Traditional recruitment methods have often led to quite a high cost per hire, with modern job boards often producing an overwhelming response, which can be difficult for SMEs to manage. Utilising job boards to reach a larger population and sending responses to your applicant tracking software however, is a more cost-effective recruitment solution. The high number of enquiries, which are generally received via the web, can be easily administered as the system will quickly sift through CV’s, and automatically identify and match the skills required. This allows the recruiter to focus on the “best match” candidates first, and importantly helps him/her broaden their candidate search in the first instance, and then find, engage and recruit the right calibre of staff as efficiently as possible, without wasting time looking through unsuitable CVs. Quality candidates that didn’t make it are also there for the future, often eliminating the need to re-advertise positions.

More fundamentally, the issue of ‘big’ costs or fixed long term contracts that may have been traditionally associated with recruitment software, no longer applies. eploy’s recruiting software, for example, is used by many SMEs because it has been designed to provide access via a standard internet web browser, as opposed to installing traditional software which can have large upfront costs and can be difficult and expensive to access remotely. Ultimately this leads to a much more efficient, flexible and accessible system with significantly reduced costs.

Many of our SME clients have cited that the low setup cost, monthly charge, no long term contract and the flexible nature of the eploy system made the decision a low risk and straightforward service to implement.
Report to moderator   Logged

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »

It always sounds huge when you hear things like this but they're talking about the UK as a whole right? It's like when people talk about re-cycling and statistics are release about how much food the UK throws away each week. I think these are really scare tactics.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »

On the subject of re-cycling I think it's good to know though these large figures but it's better to know what the average individual person or family or household can do to make a difference. It seems more attainable.

As far as bad recruitment decisions in the UK I wouldn't know where to start. I guess individual companies or employers no there needs and what perhaps they've wasted in previous months on positions they've had to re-hire people to do etc.

69 million pounds seems like an awfully big figure though. 

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »

I remember when we had the snow a few weeks ago and the loss to the UK in one day was millions of pounds. I mean how does that even get worked out? Who knows?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »

I assume those figures are based on an average number of people not getting to work but still being paid an average (probably London) salary. Does anybody else know how these figures are worked out?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

It looks like nobody knows  Embarrassed.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace