Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 02, 2014, 10:22:41 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Labour Market Monitor Highlights Severity Of Jobs Squeeze
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Labour Market Monitor Highlights Severity Of Jobs Squeeze  (Read 3404 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »

I was in a similar position with my credit cards at a young age I think. I always thought, not a problem, I'm young, just have fun and don't consider the consequences now. I fully got into the buy now pay later mentality.

I bought then.

I'm paying now.
Report to moderator   Logged

lava
liking it

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 07:45:59 PM »

Robin, I went to an expensive private college because my older siblings went there so I followed them there.  I was young and assumed my siblings made a good decision when choosing a college.  If I could do it over, I would have gone to a community college that is much cheaper and I wouldn't have student loans to pay off today.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »

I understand.

Again I guess when you are young these things appear to be more important. Where your siblings went, potentially what other family members might like you to do etc etc.

I hope you get these student debts paid off soon is all I can say.

Greg
liking it

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:30 PM »

Having older sibling has a big influence on your decision making.  I'm also guilty of following in my older brothers foot steps.  I assumed he knew the best colleges so I never doubted where he went to college.  It wasn't until I got older and moved out of the house that I realized older siblings don't always make the best decisions in life!  Sometimes I think your better being an only child....

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 11:57:22 AM »

It's funny how Brothers and Sisters can influence many areas of ones life even unintentionally. I have one younger Brother and there are many things I assume he did (at least in part) because I did them. I'm not saying he copied me, I don't think it's like that at all, maybe you just don't realise what an influence you have as an older sibling.

Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace