Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 01, 2014, 06:57:48 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Work From Home Figures Double
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Work From Home Figures Double  (Read 1711 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: January 28, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »

The numbers of those looking to work from home have almost doubled in a month.

The figures released by UK jobs website TipTopJobs.com show that applications for home-based roles during the month of September leapt to 1,673 from 1,176 in August – an increase of 42 per cent.

The cost of living including steep rises in fuel costs, food, clothing and utility bills, as well as worries over an impending recession, are thought to be behind the increasing
desire to work from home.

This is believed to include a large rise in stay-at-home mums and housewives looking for work to help their partners with new economic pressures. Information, and recruitment tips on flexible working can be found in our community recruitment and working pages on this site.

Corinne Dauncey careers expert from TipTopJob.com said: “We forecast an increase in home-based applications as it’s becoming more acceptable to work from home. However such a sharp rise is not in line with our predications.

“We believe it’s another worrying sign that consumer confidence is low and that candidates are worried about the current economic turmoil.

“Economists believe headline rates of inflation are now set to fall back, with oil prices having recently dropped, so it will be interesting to see what happens to these applications, whether they continue to rise or fall in line with inflation.”
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »

Maybe somebody could help me out here but I work from home, and I love it. Yet I don't understand that one of the reasons given for people wanting to work from home is steep rises in fuel costs. Surely if you work from home your fuel costs will increase more than if you're in an office?

Gota
having fun

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:38:07 PM »

Perhaps you meant utility bills? Fuel costs are things like petrol etc. That's how I read it. Though on utility bills you have a point. It's as if the writer just threw in a few things whether they make sense or not. Everything else mentioned is a good reason to work from home though.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »

I probably did mean utility bills indeed. DOH as Homer would say.

lava
liking it

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »

I think working at home is everyone's dream job.  You have the pleasure of doing your work at your own pace, you don't have to fight traffic, you don't have to share your office space with other employees, you can listen to your ipod without worrying about office rules, take breaks whenever you want, create your own work schedule, etc. 

It's paradise!!!!  Grin
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »

Do you work from home Lava?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »

I don't but I want to. Some technicians here do and just come into the office when they need to. It appears to be a dream.
Greg
liking it

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

I think many mothers work from home because of their busy schedule with their kids.  My sister is currently looking into stating a business during the day while her kids are in school.  She's thinking of designing logos for companies.  She has a creative talent so maybe it'll work.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »

It sounds like something she has to do. If she has a creative talent and is at home anyway...I wish her all the best. Follow that dream as Bruce Springsteen once sang.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace