Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 18, 2014, 01:29:06 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)The Average London Salary
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: The Average London Salary  (Read 819 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: January 21, 2009, 10:57:26 AM »

This is another news story that's a few months old but still, I found it fascinating. I'm sure this trend wont have changed since Sep or Oct when these findings were published.
--------------------
The average advertised salary in London has hit 41,500 pounds - making it 10,000 pounds more than the average advertised salary in the rest of the UK.

Jobs search engine AllTheTopBananas.com has analysed 633,766 jobs published between March and August 2008.

Excluding London figures, the average advertised salary around the UK is 31,128 pounds.

East Anglia has the highest average outside the capital, at 34,487 pounds. And the North West is the lowest at 29,676 pounds.

Dave Martin is MD of AllTheTopBananas.com, which carries one in three UK vacancies.

He said: 'Advertised salaries are rising faster in London than the rest of the UK and the gap is getting bigger. This is a trend that is likely to continue throughout the next 12 months.

'We are also seeing advertised salaries continue to rise overall, putting added pressure on inflation. There's a chance this could add to the UK's economic woes in the next 12 months.'

The regional figures average advertised salaries (pounds) are:

London - 41,565
East Anglia - 34,487
West Midlands - 32,748
South East - 32,675
Wales - 31,684
South West - 31,503
Yorkshire & Humber - 31,461
East Midlands - 31,383
North East - 31,205
Scotland - 30,914
North West - 29,676
Report to moderator   Logged

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »

I have friends who live and work in London. Both are classroom assistants in schools. For a while I looked into doing this in Nottingham and spoke with the same teaching staff agency and know that they pay much less than they do in London. I assume this is down to higher living costs in the capital? I know there rent is ridiculous compared to what I pay so it seems fair enough really. You pay more to live in London therefore you get paid more to work in London.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »

The story above says that salaries in London are rising than the rest of the UK and the gap is getting bigger. Why is that? Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't agree with Robin that more to live means more wages. Surely things should be fair should they not?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace